Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How important is "the pump"?

1longdong

Is getting a good pump important at all? If I go to the gym, hit it hard lift heavy with just a few reps, I get home and don't feel like I did shit! But if I do a ton of sets/ reps I get a good pump.

I read years ago that Arnold would leave the gym as soon as he got a good pump, but I read today that if you want to get large and strong, lift heavy, with a few reps.

I'm 6'2"
35 yrs young

With me it depends on the training style; if I'm training heavy and in the 6 rep range (which pretty much never happens)I don't really feel a pump...if I train lighter with supersets and higher reps = pump...

~EZ

Last edited:
I dont always get a good pump and you dont have to get a good pump to have a great workout, however, I feel more confident and better about my workouts when I get a nice pump

I find that with volume training, I always get a pump, but when I lift heavy, I just get sore...no pump

a pump is important. it is the jump start of a good recovery. if you are not getting a good pump every time you work out you are doing something wrong. creatine pre w/o is good along with proper nutrition.

in a nut shell a pumped up muscle is a muscle that is absorbing a high rate of nutrients. this is where the famous dbol pumps come from. dbol is an extremely anabolic compound.

you dont need anything other than a good diet to get the pumps but taking sups makes it easy. 2 needto slin, 10g creatine mono, 30g whey iso, 1 cup oats 1h pre w/o should do it even on a half assed diet.

I personally feel pump has little to nothing to do with real muscle development nowadays.

There are myriad lifter's that get "the pump" every workout and yet don't progress or pass beginner/intermediate level.

Causing microtrauma to your muscles through intensity and workload as far as I know are the only 110% scientifically known factors in progressive overloading and super compensation.

I have a hard time when I squat. Be it that I can only do box squats now(abdomen tear) and leg sled. I cant seem to get a pump in my quads. But if I ride the recumbant bike with resistance for 5 min my quads feel like balloons.
When I do stiff leg deads, my hamstrings pump up like crazy.
Also have a very hard time feeling any sort of back pump. I can see it in the mirror, but I cannot feel it.
Chest, bi, tri, delts all pump no matter how I train.

Top Bottom