Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoulder Delt injury (left SHLder), kinda close to outer pec: what spot is this pls? Should I Refrain from even 90 pushups all at once, each day?

Hello

I can use some advice please

I was lifting a big 85 pound box and moving it left so that it could fit into some narrow area and right 12 days ago,

I didn't hear a pop, but the next day the left shoulder, where the deltoid meets the upper outer pec almost, felt very Sore.

I can lift the same amount of weight as the right side, in other words there's no muscle weakness

There's no cracking when I move might left shoulder up and down *and the range of motion is good*

After having hurt this area, the next day, about 10 days ago, I still did about 8 to 10 repetitions of incline bench presses and chest cable crossovers and a flat bench press

Today is day 12 and all the info. out there seems to show that shoulder injury like this is really a shoulder discomfort, and should improve in 2 weeks (14 days) and totally heal in 1 month to 1 month and 2 weeks.

(as an aside, im almost 53 so it may take longer for me to heal? than the above )?

I applied a massage gun in the area yesterday and today for 2 minutes ea. session, the suggested time per each muscle group, with the suggested round ball extension

I try to do the inner & outer (no weights) arm moves, normally done for rotator cuff exercises at least 1x per day and a warm almost hot compress.

It's not immediately after an injury, so the 3 day window of using ice right after the injury has passed. In other words, an ice pack to the shoulder is probably too late to apply now.

Question: What area is this?

Is avoiding working out with weights for 8-10 repetitions like I did the day after strongly suggested and should I just do light rep 15 reps like 10 pound dumbell lateral and front delt raises? and maybe outer arm turns and inner arm turns to get the blood flowing to the tendons so that the healing process is quicker?

I woke up today with almost no pain and thought i was cured, but as the day wore on, I did 85 pushups all at once and felt soreness again

So, what do you suggest I do, refrain from any kind of bodybuilding workouts and do light-weight high rep exercises for the next month
(but, I must do my pushups at about 80 to 100 reps every other day, I don't think I can quit that. I simply can't refrain from that, though)

Here are some 2 photos of the area in question X marks the spot

One photo is a shoulder brace that has some copper compression which I purchased recently. I could probably do 9-12 reps of a bodybuilding exercise

or at the minimum 80 to 100 pushups all at once every day?

Thanks in advance for any constructive help

Attachments

• shoulder heat pad how to put on July 2023, pic 1.jpg
    shoulder heat pad how to put on July 2023, pic 1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 72
  • pectoralis major tendon strain pic 2.jpg
    pectoralis major tendon strain pic 2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 66
  • pectoralis major tendon strain pic main.jpg
    pectoralis major tendon strain pic main.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 71
Hello

I can use some advice please

I was lifting a big 85 pound box and moving it left so that it could fit into some narrow area and right 12 days ago,

I didn't hear a pop, but the next day the left shoulder, where the deltoid meets the upper outer pec almost, felt very Sore.

I can lift the same amount of weight as the right side, in other words there's no muscle weakness

There's no cracking when I move might left shoulder up and down *and the range of motion is good*

After having hurt this area, the next day, about 10 days ago, I still did about 8 to 10 repetitions of incline bench presses and chest cable crossovers and a flat bench press

Today is day 12 and all the info. out there seems to show that shoulder injury like this is really a shoulder discomfort, and should improve in 2 weeks (14 days) and totally heal in 1 month to 1 month and 2 weeks.

(as an aside, im almost 53 so it may take longer for me to heal? than the above )?

I applied a massage gun in the area yesterday and today for 2 minutes ea. session, the suggested time per each muscle group, with the suggested round ball extension

I try to do the inner & outer (no weights) arm moves, normally done for rotator cuff exercises at least 1x per day and a warm almost hot compress.

It's not immediately after an injury, so the 3 day window of using ice right after the injury has passed. In other words, an ice pack to the shoulder is probably too late to apply now.

Question: What area is this?

Is avoiding working out with weights for 8-10 repetitions like I did the day after strongly suggested and should I just do light rep 15 reps like 10 pound dumbell lateral and front delt raises? and maybe outer arm turns and inner arm turns to get the blood flowing to the tendons so that the healing process is quicker?

I woke up today with almost no pain and thought i was cured, but as the day wore on, I did 85 pushups all at once and felt soreness again

So, what do you suggest I do, refrain from any kind of bodybuilding workouts and do light-weight high rep exercises for the next month
(but, I must do my pushups at about 80 to 100 reps every other day, I don't think I can quit that. I simply can't refrain from that, though)

Here are some 2 photos of the area in question X marks the spot

One photo is a shoulder brace that has some copper compression which I purchased recently. I could probably do 9-12 reps of a bodybuilding exercise

or at the minimum 80 to 100 pushups all at once every day?

Thanks in advance for any constructive help
@SouthernCalifornianBody well the advice is to stop doing upper body training and do only lower body for 2 weeks period.

but moreso is the question why haven't you shared your LOG with us still? if you had , maybe we would have guided you not to train so much and you wouldnt have the injury so please star your LOG journal right NOW!

To really guide you we need more info, we need you to share your diet, training, cardio, sleep, supplements etc log with us, full log journal so our guidance is based on facts you provide.

If you want us to really guide you, and we have 100s of years of experience between us, you need to post a LOG Journal with your stats (weight,height,age, years training, cycle history) diet, training, cardio, supplement, sleep details. If you don't log what you eat or train now, open NOTES on phone and start recording it there and paste here. Very easy.

Please post a Log Journal asap for us

Please click the anabolic forum
top RIGHT, you see: +POST THREAD
click that

in Title: write your cycle name, like> My _____ Cycle Log
___ = the name of your log
example: My Diet Training Log
in body: write your planned cycle or cycle you doing now, your diet, training and we will help you along on your cycle

here are examples of LOG Journals

P.S. are you listening to our podcast? if not, you should:

LOG APPROVED - PLEASE POST A LOG

This thread/post was reviewed by our Medical Review board.

This thread/post/message was also fact checked by Steven Darwin, MD and our medical review board.

Full editorial process was followed, and please read our medical disclaimer, check our editorial process.

Top Bottom