Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PLease help me with my gf's diet

FOZY

Here is what she eats with her stats . I wish I could help but I have enough trouble tweaking my own diet nevermind try and figure out what is right for a women of her build....I don't think she is getting enough calories in particular protein...She hates meat so should i mix her a couple sheaks every day...........

She works out 4 days a week and all her reps are in the 10-15 range ( her trainer gave her this workout) She does cardio 3x a week on a treadmill and sometimes the bike.

She has been working out for about 2 years but has little definition.

she wrote me this to post"

I am 5'2" and 112 lbs. My body fat, according the pinch test is 19%.

For lunch I eat:
one apple
a serving of baby carrots
within 5 days I eat a tub of tofu, 1/3 cup of beans (pinto or kidney) 1 cup
of brown rice, low sodium chili sauce. I don't eat that all in one day, for
example the cup of rice is spread out to last 5 days = it's a tofu/chili
mixture that I make.
a serving of raisins
too many pretzels
2 cups of soy cereal w/ soy milk a few times a week.

That is what I eat. I eat pizza and pasta and things along that line when I
go out to eat.

Thanks for the help

foz

This is so little food! If she doesn't eat more, she can lift til kingdom come and never get any definition.

Her BF% is the same as mine and I'm 155 lbs at 5'9".

She might want to look at Fennec's posts about her Excel system for food calculations or use an on-line diet diary, like FitDay that I use.

She might want to try lifting less often, but heavier.

But, diet is the key! Eat, eat, eat.

Where to even begin......lots more calories, fewer carbs and how about some protien, fat and a lot more veggies to round it out. Ideally she will be eating 1400-1600 cals per day, at least 110 grams protein, a couple of tablespoons of flaxseed or olive oil and tonnes of fibrous vegetables. She should be eating 5-6 times every day (small meals evry 2-3 hours) and dropping all the carbs from late afternoon onwards. Like Keiko said, diet is key. Will she eat eggs or dairy?? Stuff like egg whites, cottage cheese and whey or soy protein are good non-meat additions.

Bump for the advise so far. I just want to point out a couple of specific things. There is another thread that lists the glycemic index for common foods. Print it off for her because it is a great kitchen and grocery store reference.

Now then, some specifics:

Carrots are high sugar carbs.....BAaaaaaddd! Limit their intake to a couple of baby carrots a day unless she weighs them and calculates the GI and carb values. (Which is the way it SHOULD be done when starting out. IMNSHO)

Apples are carbs, and moderate GI. Caution is again advised, but don't cut them out completely. Fruit like strawberries, kiwi, some apple, blue berries, etc are good! Just don't over-do the carbs.

Raisins=HIGH SUGAR, HIGH CARB, HIGH GI!!!! Baaaddd! NO RAISINS except on carp-up days as mentioned by Par Deus! They take so much GI and caloric value, that you won't have room for much more food.

Pretzels=baaad. (Do I sound like a broke record yet? I think you begin to see the problems here.) I know that most people thing pretzles are good because they are carb without fats, unlike potatoe chips, but they are high GI carbs again. Limit them.

Salsa can be tricky because of the sugar content of the tomatoes and sometimes added sweetners and starches(those baaad carbos again). Just watch them, but don't cut them out completely. Chopped whole tomatoes or homemade salsa would be better because you could monitor the sugars and carbos.

Brown rice is high carb and GI but if unprocessed or whole (including the bran) it's a good complex carb. Keep it a few times a week, but in larger quantities to meet the calorie needs.

Pasta is bad carbos again, unless on a mass/bulk cycle. Watch them and limit them to carb loading days.

As MS said, lots of fiberous veggies. Dark green leafy types (spinach, leaf lettuce<not iceberg>, kale, etc), cucumbers, yellow and green summer squashes, radishes (yech!), brussel sprouts, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, and cabbage for examples.

Add lima, kidney, pinto, black-eye beans as calories allow. These make good salad toppings and omlet fillers.

Just some ideas & I'm sure the others will chime in and blow me out of the water! But thats what is so great about this place, knowledge RULES!

BE

YO - do a 40p/30c/30f diet at 10x bodyweight in calories(do NOT go below 1400 however) split over 4-5 meals each day. Train one body part per day with 8-10 sets per bodypart with rep range 15 down to about 6 M-F. Cardio for one hour on two of the three weight training days.

Top Bottom