Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need a diet check and question on training

vanessa22286pt

Hello! So, I am 5 feet 3 inches and I weigh 128 lbs. My body fat is roughly between 17-20% (according to bioelectrical impedence). I am trying to get "tighter" so I have decided on lifting HEAVY and eating clean. I want an athletic physique! SO my question is, what happens when I left heavy but dont eat enough food?

Here is my plan

Mon
Shoulders and Calves

Tues
Chest & Biceps & abs
20 min cardio (uphill walk, heartrate 135)

Wed
HIIT 15 min
moderate 20

Thurs
Legs

Fri
Back and Tri's

Sat
HIIT 15 min
moderate 20

My diet is as follows

3 egg omelet w/ zucchini and sprinkled cheddar
1/2 cup of old fashion oats
green tea (matcha style)

workout

protein shake
banana or apple

Canned tuna (relish, lemon juice and teaspoon of light mayo)
broccoli
Green tea

Same as above

ground turkey
hi fiber/ lo carb tortilla
tiny dallop of sour cream (light)
little cheese

I might sneak a tablespoon of pb before bed...

I am also on a budget so thats why the tuna and ground turkey are so easy...

Any suggestions?

My suggestions would be to another carb source in pwo... some fruit is okay pwo, but you don't want it to be your primary source of carbohydrates. I also wouldn't be afraid to 'sneak' that tablespoon of anpb before bed, as your calories already seem low (however without your projected end of day totals I am just going off of quick glance) plus the fats before bed will help keep you sustained a little longer through the night.

It actually looks pretty good. We don't have macros for your food or know how you train, but in general - good to go. :)

If you like ground turkey you should broil/grill it into patties.... then ground it up, mix it with brown rice and flavor with salsa, served warm. :)

VERY easy fresh salsa:

chopped tomatoes
chopped onions
chopped chilies
fresh cilantro
salt/pepper/lime to flavor

Hello! So, I am 5 feet 3 inches and I weigh 128 lbs. My body fat is roughly between 17-20% (according to bioelectrical impedence). I am trying to get "tighter" so I have decided on lifting HEAVY and eating clean. I want an athletic physique! SO my question is, what happens when I left heavy but dont eat enough food?

Here is my plan

Mon
Shoulders and Calves

Tues
Chest & Biceps & abs

Wed
HIIT 15 min
moderate 20

Thurs
Legs

Fri
Back and Tri's

Sat
HIIT 15 min
moderate 20

My diet is as follows

3 egg omelet w/ zucchini and sprinkled cheddar
1/2 cup of old fashion oats
green tea (matcha style)

workout

protein shake
banana or apple

Canned tuna (relish, lemon juice and teaspoon of light mayo)
broccoli
Green tea

Same as above

ground turkey
hi fiber/ lo carb tortilla
tiny dallop of sour cream (light)
little cheese

I might sneak a tablespoon of pb before bed...

I am also on a budget so thats why the tuna and ground turkey are so easy...

Any suggestions?

Hey Vanessa. Though you didn't say so explicitly, it sounds like maybe you want more muscle and eventually less fat since you say you are now lifting heavy and want an athletic physique. Since "tighter" is ambiguous I can't tell for sure though. Do you want to be ripped and have noticeable muscle shape or do you want bigger muscles?

Since your goals totally dictate your diet and training, I think anyone would need a bit more detail before saying a lot about your current program.

Hey Vanessa. Though you didn't say so explicitly, it sounds like maybe you want more muscle and eventually less fat since you say you are now lifting heavy and want an athletic physique. Since "tighter" is ambiguous I can't tell for sure though. Do you want to be ripped and have noticeable muscle shape or do you want bigger muscles?

Since your goals totally dictate your diet and training, I think anyone would need a bit more detail before saying a lot about your current program.

My Macros are about 25% fats, 37-40% carbs and 40-45% protein....

I bigger muscles because I feel that if i dieted down now, my shoulders would be scrawny... however, my legs are good size... So, I do want bigger muscles....

Thanks for the suggestion, i added some waxy maize to my pwo protein shake. Everything else seems fine?

Waxy Maize has been shown to be lower glycemic than white bread. It is actually a slow release carb. You might want to go to BrinkZone.com - The Final Frontier in Bodybuilding, Health & Fitness and read up on it.
Try dextrose instead if you are looking to spike your insulin to absord everything in your pwo shake.
Also, if you are walking on an incline keep you heart rate between 115 and 120. You will spare muscle at that level and anything after 20 minutes is supposed to be pure fat burn. That is one of Dave Palumbo's tricks.

Top Bottom