Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

40 reps per set on cycle?

LostCauze

I've seen a few advocates that swear by sets of 40+ reps per set while training on a cycle (Rich piana for example)

Has anyone had any experience using this method of training? If so what was the results?

I know I respond best to high volume(I used to be a power lifter) but I rarely go over 15 reps per set (except legs) but do quite a few sets.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Stats
25yo
183lbs ~9-10%bf
Around 7-8 years training

Too many ways this can be answered. Why only on cycle? What's the cycle the guy is on? Goals? Etc.

People get different results from different training methods. Higher rep sets can have some good at certain times, but nothing you want to do too often. I throw in a widowmaker set (20+ reps) usually on my last set for quads for example

I can see doing it to try and break a plateau but aside from that wouldnt waste my time. Hell, 40 reps in my book is cardio.

I also was wondering this. If you look up rich piana he is a monster. He says he did cycles for years lifting heavy as fuck but it wasn't until he saw ifbb pros doing really high reps that he decided to try it out and that's when he gained most of his size. Says it only works if your on juice if not natty just lift heavy

Sent from my HTC One X using EliteFitness

I've done 10X10's before. its something to throw in every month or two.

10x10s is what I've been basing my volume workouts on. I start with one exercise like pec deck, squats, skull crushers, lat pull downs, etc then finish of with 2 more lifts with only 2-3 sets a piece but around 15-20 reps. And I never go to failure for any of it. For me personally I have blown up from it. Don't get me wrong I also have 2 days a week that I've recently incorporated for strength upper/lower but using this high volume on all my other days has seriously been insane as far how quickly I recover and am building size, though I have some muscle memory from a previous injury. And I'm currently cruising on no gear for a year.

Lots of pros/bodybuilders train in the higher rep range. 15-20 id say. 40 though? no thanks

Top Bottom