Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

questions for Cornholio about Old School 3-day

Bobarell

I am going to try this out for the next few weeks. I really need some good mass and I think this will do the trick for me and my WO partner. For those of you who don't know what it is:

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97118&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Here is Corns WO:

Monday

SL Deadlifts 1 max set of 20.
Overhead Press - 5 sets of 5
Squats - 5 sets of 3

Wednesday

Barbell Rows - 5 sets of 5
Bench Press - 5 sets of 5
Deadlifts - 1 set of 20

Friday

Shrugs - 5 sets of 5
Barbell Curls - 5 sets of 5
Dips - 5 sets of 5
Squats - 5 sets of 5 with weight from Monday

Now, I have only been doing deads for a few weeks now and my partner hasn't done them but one time. Do you still suggest the 1 set of 20 or should we go with the 5 of 5 for the 1st few weeks until our strength gets up a little and we are feeling more comfortable with them?? Also, I wanted to throw some pullups and chinups in there. Which day do you suggest we do them? Maybe Wednesday-Pullups and Friday-Chinups? 5 sets of 5?

I read through both of the threads, but I forgot which days are light/moderate/heavy.

Just so all can see my progress I am 5'10" 160lbs. Maybe ~12% BF. Very little LBM. I am sick of cutting and want some LBM to help me get rid of the last few pounds, been in the gym for 2 years now but haven't been really serious about gaining until recently.

Of Course.....planning on EATING BIG during the next month or 2......until I stop strength gains. Who knows, could be on this for 6 months...LOL

Last edited:
OK all,

I didn't get a response from anyone on this but I have another question.

How does water weight work? I have read many people say that they gained a lot of weight when first bulking but they know a lot of it is water weight. I ate at maintenance for 2 weeks before bulking after cutting and I didn't gain any weight(water wieght).

I started this on Saturday(work schedule) and am done with my 1st week. I have gained 5 pounds and I am not sure if it is real. I weigh myself the same time every day(wake up). I included chinups on day 1 and pullups on day 2. I am also doing 5 sets of 5 on the deads instead of the 1 set of 20 recommended. I will be changing that here soon.

water weight from increased carb intake or water from increased AS use. theres a difference.

a gram of carbohydrates can hold up to 2x its weight in water. hence extreme weight loss on zone diets. if you are getting supersaturated with carbs ie carb loading you can expect your weight to go up from water and increased glycogen retention.

Thanks man,

I only upped my carbs about 50-75g a day. All I did was take my 40/40/20 split and upped my calories about 700 total. So really only about 200-300cals from carbs extra. Is this enough to call it water weight? I wouldn't think so, but you guys know a lot more about this stuff.

Top Bottom