Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weightless Strength Training?

Psychopathjr

I'll be going up North for the summer, and my weight set would just be too heavy to take with me. Is there any way I can continue to train up there without weights or with some makeshift ones? Your input is appreciated...

I generally do 3 sets of 6 reps, right now with weights ranging from 40lbs to 55lbs...

Nothing will be able to fully replace weights, but the correct bands and/or body weight exercises are plenty challenging, and will allow you to at least maintain your current size/strength level.

Getting away from the weights and exploring different areas of fitness usually has great rewards. Weight training, certainly has many benefits, but weight training alone is an incomplete fitness program.

There's no reason why you won't be able to come back in better overall condition than you left, but you probably won't be as maximally strong as if you continued with the weights.

Outline your current training program as well as your goals, as well as the exact dates that you will be away,(age/stats), and we should be able to help you come up with something that will keep you progressing.

Chop wood.

Carry heavy shit.

Run.

Drag heavy shit on a sled.

Think of the things you see them do in strongman comps. You should be able to figure out a few things from that.

B-

Top Bottom