Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

rippetoe journal, new to this, please comment and advice.

lanny said:
..:: Day 19 ::.. RippeToe 3 x 5 Starting Strength For Novice Program

weight : 137 lbs

~ Squats ~
bar x 10
95 x 1 x 5
160 x 3 x 5

Remarks: Not much difficulty.

~ Bench Press ~
bar x 10
65 x 1 x 5
115 x 3 x 5

Remarks: Tough at every rep. but able to push through.

~ Deadlifts ~
bar x 10
95 x 1 x 5
135 x 1 x 5

Remarks: i'm having a tough time putting the 45lbs plate in and out. how do people do that?! GOSH!!

You mean loading the bar? Lift as you slide the 45's on the bar, you'll get used to it.

When you get to adding another 45 on each side, 2, 3, 4/ side you can roll the first 45 plate on to a 2.5lb plate, that will give it enough clearance to load the 45's easily.

WHEN i get to load a few other 45lbs.. at the moment, its killing me.. i know, i lift it up, but.. gosh!! my back hurts as hell.. was as if i was doing pendley rows.. ^^

lanny said:
WHEN i get to load a few other 45lbs.. at the moment, its killing me.. i know, i lift it up, but.. gosh!! my back hurts as hell.. was as if i was doing pendley rows.. ^^

Then put a knee on the ground to load the plates. You shouldn't hurt yourself loading the bar.

having a knee on the ground? i dun think i can lift the 45lbs up.. i bent my knees while doing it through..

about installing the weights in the bar, i have found a solution to that. the squat rack.. i could always lift the bar, place it at the squat rack, and install the plates, then bring it back to the floor!! muahahah!!

..:: Day 20 ::.. RippeToe 3 x 5 Starting Strength For Novice Program

weight: 138lbs

~ Squats ~

bar x 10
95 x 1 x 5
135 x 1 x 5
165 x 3 x 5

Remarks : on the 165, i tend to get out of form on my legs now and then, bu ti kept my back straight. after every set, its like i cant breathe!! LOL!! its getting heavier!! means i'm getting stronger! HOOAAH!!

~ Over Head Press ~ (i believe the term is Standing Military Press )

bar x 10
65 x 1 x 5
85 x 3 x 5

Remarks : on the 85, i had to use the "forward stance" again, having both legs spread out front and back, got kinda heavy, will stay at this weight next time i push

~ Pendley Rows ~

bar x 10
95 x 1 x 5
125 x 3 x 5

Remarks: got kinda light now, able to perform without much difficulty. moving on next time i pull.
*this is where i found i could re-rack before i remove plates.. :) dumb of me.

lanny said:
all thnx to forum'ers advice.. :) urs too!!

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't have advanced as far as I have without some great advice from some people around here. There is a wealth of great training info on this site, you just gotta look.

Top Bottom