Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

140/100 blood pressure

you

Well, bro must know more than a MD. My mother eats right and weighs 115lbs explain that one!
I'm in shape 9 months out of the year, explain that one!

my friend, if you mom is in great shape and eats great/exercises and STILL has blood pressure it could be due to stress, being worried all the time and other factors like that. but that wasn't the point of my post.

the point was to never trust a doctor EVER EVER EVER. always get multiple opinions. any drug they give you, dont fill it UNTIL you research it.

I know people who had cancer and the doc blew it off as nothing, only to find out TOO LATE it was indeed cancer. heck my X had back pain and went to 5 docs before she finally researched it on her own and found out she needed her gallbladder removed. i was given an antibiotic by a doc TWICE in a row when I damn well told them that I had a severe allergic reaction to it. 95% of them dont give a damn about you, just your money, thats a fact.

dont get defensive about my post. I am just telling you that docs want you on pills the rest of your life. he doesn't want to tell you to diet and exercise and reduce stress in ur life. heck I bet if you got off the BP meds and really cleaned up your diet 12 months out of the year and did some decent amount cardio your BP would come out just fine. but the doc doesn't want that to happen, he wants u going back for more candy every so often.

ask our resident doc "footdoc" who I wish lived close to me and I could go to about what he thinks about others in his profession, he will tell you the same thing I am saying. they are more worried about their golf/tennis match then they are about their patients.

I had my BP checked a doc and it came out 200 over 140 no joke. but here is the funny thing. it was one of those innacurate machines and my biceps didn't even fit. now imagine had the doc decided to write me a RX for high BP even though I dont have high BP, and I didn't say anything like so many others and just took the candy without knowing any different. I told them to use my forearm instead and the dumb nurse got a 120/70 reading. go figure. think the nurse cares more about writing down an accurate reading? had i not spoken up i would be on BP meds forever also. just giving you an insight as to what happens in the medical industry on a daily basis. all those old folks i see at the doctor are on 8 different pills cause they just take whatever candy the doc gives them without even researching what they are taking.

thankfully us younger folks have google

The weird thing is that about two years ago I went to the hospital with a searing headache and waited in emergency (!) for six hours before going for some tests only to have the "experts" declare it was nothing major. They gave me pain killers and sent me home. I was back the following night. Only four hours in emergency. Same thing. Finally my doctor was back from holidays a few days later. He was quick to diagnose high blood pressure. Similar to now but without the searing headaches this time. At that time he put me on blood pressure drugs. With my recent health crisis he considered it might help if I stopped my BP meds. I feel so lousy now! I checked my blood pressure twice to make sure it wasn't misread first. 140/100 give or take a digit. Google found your site. So I don't know. To those of you who don't know, it feels awful. I don't know whether to re-start my drugs or wait until my next appointment on September 14. Despite the nature of this forum I only approached it due to the nature of this question. I am not physically fit. 43 year old male, 5'1" about 160 pounds. The recommended efforts (cut back on salt etc.) haven't helped so I'm scouring the internet for insight. This message thread came to me via. Google.:rainbow:
-Sean

Sean, if your BP is still 140/100, you need to stay on the meds at the dose your doc prescribed until you meet with him again. If you are on your meds and still getting those readings, you need to call your doctor and let him know so he can see you sooner. Get that under control.

my friend, if you mom is in great shape and eats great/exercises and STILL has blood pressure it could be due to stress, being worried all the time and other factors like that. but that wasn't the point of my post.

the point was to never trust a doctor EVER EVER EVER. always get multiple opinions. any drug they give you, dont fill it UNTIL you research it.

I know people who had cancer and the doc blew it off as nothing, only to find out TOO LATE it was indeed cancer. heck my X had back pain and went to 5 docs before she finally researched it on her own and found out she needed her gallbladder removed. i was given an antibiotic by a doc TWICE in a row when I damn well told them that I had a severe allergic reaction to it. 95% of them dont give a damn about you, just your money, thats a fact.

dont get defensive about my post. I am just telling you that docs want you on pills the rest of your life. he doesn't want to tell you to diet and exercise and reduce stress in ur life. heck I bet if you got off the BP meds and really cleaned up your diet 12 months out of the year and did some decent amount cardio your BP would come out just fine. but the doc doesn't want that to happen, he wants u going back for more candy every so often.

ask our resident doc "footdoc" who I wish lived close to me and I could go to about what he thinks about others in his profession, he will tell you the same thing I am saying. they are more worried about their golf/tennis match then they are about their patients.

I had my BP checked a doc and it came out 200 over 140 no joke. but here is the funny thing. it was one of those innacurate machines and my biceps didn't even fit. now imagine had the doc decided to write me a RX for high BP even though I dont have high BP, and I didn't say anything like so many others and just took the candy without knowing any different. I told them to use my forearm instead and the dumb nurse got a 120/70 reading. go figure. think the nurse cares more about writing down an accurate reading? had i not spoken up i would be on BP meds forever also. just giving you an insight as to what happens in the medical industry on a daily basis. all those old folks i see at the doctor are on 8 different pills cause they just take whatever candy the doc gives them without even researching what they are taking.

thankfully us younger folks have google

I agree, but I wasn't on the defense just wanted to see what you thought of that. Secondly, your right about how the cuff size matters that's why when i get my BP checked i say "big" cuff please!
Actually I'm off the meds because i cut out salt and added more cardio. I was just trying to let dude know BP is nothing to F*ck with....and there is some truth to some people are more genetically predisposed to high BP but you can counter it with diet and cardio.

Top Bottom