Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Negatives

jagerbombme

BANNED
Anyone do these, I have done them less than a handful of times but did some other day and it shredded my fucking chest up big time. Then I was reading in a magazine that they now say you reach hypertrophy more on the negative. Now, I'm thinking you can lift alot more weight if you don't have to push it up opening up a whole new world to lifting if you do a warmup and a few working sets and then a few sets of heavy negatives, weight you know you cannot push, example is my max is 325 for 2, so i racked 355 the other day and just did 2 negative reps and im so fucking sore.

What I was reading is this increases strength more and size more than just regular ups and downs. So by practicing these negatives you are working with more weight than usual and should cause your working sets to go up?

any opinions and discussion on this?

I think its good to mix it up with dif stuff all the time
ihave done negs on and of ,it does catch the muscles
off guard and helps in training.
Brad.

They'll fry your CNS if you make a big habit of them. Make sure that you have reasonable control of the negative. It helps to have a partner. :)

They'll make large inroads into your ability to recover; your central nervous system (CNS) will tire; you'll drift into over-training and all that implies.

I used them for Bicep Barbell curls last 3 sets, and cheated the positve when I was in my large Bicep phase

My Biceps never got smaller:) even though I barely train them now

HOWEVER negatives if abused may cause injuries.

they are an advanced technique for sure.

I've done similarly with barbell curls, sometimes it's hard to resist adding a few cheat + negatives on curls. The effect on the CNS is significantly less with minor muscles than when applying it to larger systems of muscles.

You can likely get away with doing negatives fairly often on curls but much less often on bench. Something similar to a negative is performed on such as the jump shrug where many muscles are used to get the weight up and then the traps alone are used just to hold the top position for a moment before the weight inevitably descends.

The are ok to do every now and then when you hit a training wall. I wouldn't make them a habit. I did them with a trainer for a six week period and went back to regular training. WOW. I broke through my wall and made gains.

Top Bottom