Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Major problem -- someone plz help!

sim4242

hey all
First of all, just wanted to say how cool platinum is, and that anyone not subscribed is really missing out :p

Can someone PLEASE help me w/ this? Personal trainers at gym know nothing... I don't trust a fat (not big, fat!) guy telling me what to do! I think I have a major problem w/ my right shoulder and it's really hindering gains on all aspects of my training (except for legs!) -- (STATS: 1yr experience, 20yo @ 6'1 and 195lb w/ ~14%BF)
BTW - the shoulder doesn't hurt whatsoever and never has

* I only noticed recently when my training partner said my form on cable rows was really wierd... apparently when I pull the bar in all the way to my chest, the right shoulder pulls back and down. I can't see in the mirror so that's the best I can describe it.
* My bench press is goddam pathetic. Training partner says I push the bar much faster w/ left arm than w/ right -- my left pec is bigger than the right (although only marginally)
* Lastly, on things such as flat flies and cable flies, I have a lot of trouble keeping the arms perpendicular to my body; also, my anterior delts are huge compared w/ lat and posteriors.

MY QUESTION -- is this entrenched bad form that needs to be fixed by dropping the weight or by using machines so I can't cheat?

Thanks guys... never forget favors ;)

I'm baffled bro! You say your shoulder doesn't hurt at all? You may have some sort of congenital shoulder defect that keeps it from being anatomically correct, if that makes sense. I would get a doctor to check out that shoulder to see exactly what is going on.

nautica said:
Switch to dumbells. Get your form down and then move the wieght up.

I answered this on the Training board, said pretty much the same thing, only much more long-winded.

First of all you do cable rows to the belly button not the chest. It is common for right hand dominant lifters who do barbell bench presses as their main chest exercise to have a larger left pec. The body tries to compesate for the weaker left arm. I agree with Nautica do dumbell bench presses and upright shoulder presses. Hammer strenght machines are a good choice as well. What I think may be your problem is that early in life you suffered an injury to your shoulder region, possibly during the birthing process. This is not uncommon at all, you may have healed slightly lop sided. Dumbells and cables are the key to your developing an awesome body. Many pros have had similiar problems as yourself.:)

one more thing

thanks guys!
I'm gonna get it checked out by a doctor when I get a chance.

BTW -- one more thing I forgot to mention... when I put my arms next to my sides then raise them so they're perpendicular to my torso (whilst pushing the arms back), the right shoulder will show alot less flexibility alot earlier then the left shoulder.

Top Bottom