Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Approved Log Slyder shoulder log

Slyderkt

EF Logger
Logger
You guys asked me to log my shoulder problem. This was an injury that took me down for a year or so.
Quick history. I’m now 57 started lifting again about 6 years ago. Had a bad truck wreck and realized I’m an alcoholic. Been sober ever since. Went from 230lb Dad bod, to 185 lean and mean.
Yes I replaced one addiction for another. At least gym life is safer and healthier.
I am a thin guy, hard gainer some say. I think I have run every sarm out there or close to it.
I lift 5-6 days a week.
Shoulders were always to predominate front delt. That means the front delt wanted to always work in every lift. My shoulders were not round from side view. Also means shoulder kinda always hurt from constantly working. One day I got a massage and felt great. Went to gym next day all loose. Let some one talk me into doing dumbbell fly.
I know better. Also know to get on floor to do them safely. Nope ego took over and hurt myself.

Ruff time line. Oct 2022 big time pain in right shoulder. Tried to train through the pain but it got worse. Because of insurance waited till first part of 2023. Finally seen an ortho doctor. Did MRI.
Had bursitis, arthritis. Buldge on rotator cuff. Could not see in side it. Expected a tear in there. To top it off the bicep tendon in that shoulder was Split. Shoulder was a mess!
First was a two week regimen of double dose Aleive. This was to reduce swelling and bursitis. Did cortisone shot will little help.
Changed work outs and tried to lift and heal. Stayed off the shoulder as much as possible. Dropped weight etc…
Finally got a PRP shot . Did one in shoulder and also one in right knee. Basically a plasma rich injection. Hoped in about a month I would see some change. Planned to get a second one at that time.
Month goes by and don’t really feel better much. Disappointed I just went on about by life and didn’t go back for second or third shot. Still hitting gym and doing what I can. Doing all my rehab exercises and stretches.
Not paying attention and a few moths later I realize. Shoulder and knee both feel a lot better. Holly crap I am a lot better. So some time in October ish. I start training harder and harder. Got back all the size I had lost in shoulders. Also I am currently in a bulk.
So lost about a year, but feel much better and back to where I was when I got hurt.
Stopping here for y’all to read.

nice to see that brother I haven't touched alcohol and almost 20 years
it's absolute poison I've seen people make such changes to their health merely by stopping alcohol it's amazing

I had shoulder problems as well during my 30s and I blame overtraining for it I had to give up on doing military presses or even inclines at heavyweight

also Mobility and flexibility has to be improved especially in those shoulder joints. You may have to accept that you may have to make permit changes to your training

You guys asked me to log my shoulder problem. This was an injury that took me down for a year or so.
Quick history. I’m now 57 started lifting again about 6 years ago. Had a bad truck wreck and realized I’m an alcoholic. Been sober ever since. Went from 230lb Dad bod, to 185 lean and mean.
Yes I replaced one addiction for another. At least gym life is safer and healthier.
I am a thin guy, hard gainer some say. I think I have run every sarm out there or close to it.
I lift 5-6 days a week.
Shoulders were always to predominate front delt. That means the front delt wanted to always work in every lift. My shoulders were not round from side view. Also means shoulder kinda always hurt from constantly working. One day I got a massage and felt great. Went to gym next day all loose. Let some one talk me into doing dumbbell fly.
I know better. Also know to get on floor to do them safely. Nope ego took over and hurt myself.

Ruff time line. Oct 2022 big time pain in right shoulder. Tried to train through the pain but it got worse. Because of insurance waited till first part of 2023. Finally seen an ortho doctor. Did MRI.
Had bursitis, arthritis. Buldge on rotator cuff. Could not see in side it. Expected a tear in there. To top it off the bicep tendon in that shoulder was Split. Shoulder was a mess!
First was a two week regimen of double dose Aleive. This was to reduce swelling and bursitis. Did cortisone shot will little help.
Changed work outs and tried to lift and heal. Stayed off the shoulder as much as possible. Dropped weight etc…
Finally got a PRP shot . Did one in shoulder and also one in right knee. Basically a plasma rich injection. Hoped in about a month I would see some change. Planned to get a second one at that time.
Month goes by and don’t really feel better much. Disappointed I just went on about by life and didn’t go back for second or third shot. Still hitting gym and doing what I can. Doing all my rehab exercises and stretches.
Not paying attention and a few moths later I realize. Shoulder and knee both feel a lot better. Holly crap I am a lot better. So some time in October ish. I start training harder and harder. Got back all the size I had lost in shoulders. Also I am currently in a bulk.
So lost about a year, but feel much better and back to where I was when I got hurt.
Stopping here for y’all to read.
@Slyderkt welcome back we missed you bro ! :) happy new year

I followed your last log:

so with this shoulder injury hows your diet training? tell us more
and supps?
pics?
share more bro please

nice to see that brother I haven't touched alcohol and almost 20 years
it's absolute poison I've seen people make such changes to their health merely by stopping alcohol it's amazing

I had shoulder problems as well during my 30s and I blame overtraining for it I had to give up on doing military presses or even inclines at heavyweight

also Mobility and flexibility has to be improved especially in those shoulder joints. You may have to accept that you may have to make permit changes to your training
Absolutely agree. Flexibility and stretching the shoulders are a must. For me military and overhead press do not hurt. Mine was not even so bad for rear delt raise. Side delt raise hurt but the worst was front delt raise.
Couple lbs lifted straight up in front of me and I was crying in pain.

@Slyderkt welcome back we missed you bro ! :) happy new year

I followed your last log:

so with this shoulder injury hows your diet training? tell us more
and supps?
pics?
share more bro please
Now my training is full on.
My strength is up.
I am even doing legs. Since my knee feels better also.
I have always been in the gym for about 1.5 or 2 hours 5-6 days a week. I don’t move big heavy weights a lot. More lighter weight with more reps. I do have a trainer. We only meet once a week. I have asked if we could do twice a week.
I wish I had a gym partner but I don’t. Everyone says they want to work out with me. But they never come back a second time. Hahahaha!
Supplements are low right now. I was taking everything but got tired of that.
Today it is only multivitamin an TRT 200 cyp weekly.
I am about to start a cycle so I will put all that in a log.
Food is easy for me. I meal prep and eat the same chicken and rice over and over.
Have not counted calories in a few months. I eat so boring it is just repetitive.
Sept went on a 10 day cruise to Alaska. I was in the gym 7 of those days. Just went to Saint Thomas for 7 days and was in gym 5 of those days.
Yes I am enjoying the holiday foods my weight has stayed about 200 lbs. that is my heavy weight. I am in a bulking period and will remain in that till end of March. Again will put that in cycle log about to start.
I am in a good place and feel good!

Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections​

This when they draw out your blood. Spin it in a centrifuge. This leaves only you plasma. They inject this into the joint area. If you have some thing in there that the body can repair. This helps it repair it.
My understanding is.
Your blood and plasma are part of what naturally heals you. Unfortunately the joint area don’t get as much blood flow as the muscles. So by extracting your own plasma. Then injecting in into the joint. It will flood the area and help heal its self.
Some times it takes several rounds of injections and some times not.
Not FDA approved so insurance don’t cover it. It can be expensive. I have seen as high as 1500 dollars per shot.
I know chiropractors and other doctors that do this injection with great success.
My ortho did mine when I did it the cost was 750 for one shot or 900 for two. He was working on getting the cost down even lower.
I did two shots. One in shoulder and one in knee for an old injury. My wife just did it in her hips and he has the cost down to 500 for two shots.
I will not say they are a fun or easy shot to get. But it was worth it for me.

bros interesting on those injections I'm very skeptical of them
I believe they work in the short term but I don't know they'll make a difference in the long term

I wonder what pro athletes are doing when it comes to stuff like this
I haven't heard that they are doing these types of injections unless I'm wrong

thanks for starting this thread
a lot of us deal with various injuries so this could help

I've tried just about everything possible on my elbow injury
seems like nothing works for me so I've accepted that I will have to go lightweight

Top Bottom