Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

People make my head hurt.

superqt4u2nv said:
The thing that is truly sad is that this is what woman is conditioned to believe. All this bullshit is forced on us by the media and we are brought up believing it. We are pretty much brain washed into buy into all this garbage. Until of course you find Elite Fitness :) seriously this place made me rethink everything I ever believed to be true about health and fitness.
AMEN...

Sassy69 said:
I have no patience for women who are scared to leverage their God-given muscle and power to the potential that it has. They are self-screwing and don't even know it.

You know, I am right there with you on that soapbox. All 3 of the women I have trained with in the last 6 years were cardio-holics and deathly afraid of weights more than 5 lbs. Now, they have contests to see who can lift the most! Most women don't realize their strength and power or how we can outlift alot of men! Okay, I have stepped down also. :)

superqt4u2nv said:
The thing that is truly sad is that this is what woman is conditioned to believe. All this bullshit is forced on us by the media and we are brought up believing it. We are pretty much brain washed into buy into all this garbage. Until of course you find Elite Fitness :) seriously this place made me rethink everything I ever believed to be true about health and fitness.

1 billion % agree!!

The easy response to people who say they are doing all this cardio or whatever dieting and the fat isn't coming off -- make them think about it. Like Dr. Phil says - "How's that workin' for ya?" If it ain't working, then step back & consider what you are doing. If you don't have time just once to sit down, assess what you are doing, tweak it, plan some meals and then adjust the whole process to fit into your lifestyle, apparently you don't want the results to change how you get there, so quit your bitchin. If you continue doign what you are doing, you've seen what you get from that so if you won't change it, then live w/ it. Duh.

I work with nurses who preach the same bs to people I work with. Drastic reduction in calories and cardio cardio cardio!

These are the same people who say I have a better diet than most of the people in the building and they fuss at me about what I eat and when. Then in the same breath they praise me for having "good numbers" for cholesterol, triglicerides, etc..

Put your helmet back on before you get on the short bus to ride home and make up your mind!

My favorites are "I want to tone up" and concept that "muscle will turn into fat"....

sigh...
I don't even talk to people anymore off this board.

And you know what is worse - the born again fitness monger - DEAR GOD - 5lbs and 4 weeks straight of working does not make for a health and fitness guru.

Media really is the worst culprit.

velvett said:
My favorites are "I want to tone up" and concept that "muscle will turn into fat"....

sigh...
I don't even talk to people anymore off this board.

And you know what is worse - the born again fitness monger - DEAR GOD - 5lbs and 4 weeks straight of working does not make for a health and fitness guru.

Media really is the worst culprit.
There are already rumblings from the minions at work about their New Year's Resolutions
"I'm gonna go on a diet........"
"I'm gonna get in shape in 2007........."
"I'm gonna......blah, blah, blah"

I'm still learning the proper way to re-fuel my body and even though I'm still learning I know that it isn't a diet.

Its kinda like paying to go to a Weightwatchers meeting where you listen to 40 fat women bitch about eating for 2 hrs. You seriously want to shoot yourself in the head.

Kind of feel the same way about AA

Top Bottom