Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vegan Couple nearly murders their child with Veggie Diet!

CollegeKid said:
shit. take a look at all the obese carnivorous people around you, who are keeling over from heart attacks at age 50, and tell me they aren't morons too.

Natural Selection Bro

Raina said:
I have a friend who os a strict vegan. The poor girl looks like she's going to die of malnutrition. I suppose that's her call though-- but she feeds her cats some sort of vegan soy-based cat food. I think that's just fucked up.

this makes me mad. Cats are CARNIVORES. Dogs and people can manage fine as veggies but cats CANNOT. grrrrr. It'snormal and healthy to feed a cat meat-based food. Not the same as eating it yourself if you're veggie, as the human has a choice, the cat MUST have meat.

Raina make sure your friend knows about Taurine supplements for cats as otherwise the kitty's eyesight could be affected later.

danielson said:

ever had paneer? spiced cheese, its fucking beautiful. proten for veggies....

n fact aruvedic medicine groups your body types into dosha's and determines a healthy det from that. its pretty good to for the most part

thats why it why its amazes me that people then choose to be vegans. eggs can JUST about understand, in an egg there is/are a few cells that could become a chicken

but milk.....cheese.....? why is dairy so off limits to these guys? a baby needs a complete protein source etc for one, they couldhave aranged with their health authority to find food supps for ther daughter.

The idea is that milking cows promotes their being kept indoors in an unnatural environment, I guess.

Funny, my next door neighbour at home just had the cows wander in to be milked twice a day. He didn't have to herd them, they showed up of their own accord. And they spent te rest of the day doing cow stuff in the fields (eating, chewnig, and shitting, by the looks of things).

WHY DO COWS SHIT SO DAMN MUCH? I s the real question here.

cats are obligate carnivores (by necessity)

yes, cats need taurine because they don’t synthesize it and plants don’t have it. If they don’t eat meat, they go blind or suffer cardiac problems. i would talk with that friend to insure that they are doing that, but im guessing that if that friend is smart, she probably already figured it out and is feeding the cat taurine (it's pretty cheap and readily available at the pet store).

here is a good vegan cat food
http://www.vegepet.com/forcats.html

and a nice vet site
http://www.catclinic.co.uk/health/nutritdisease.htm

idiocy does not help any ideology

They convicted the couple because they decided that the parents acted with so much indifference and willful blindness to the problem that no reasonable individual would do the same thing. As for the sentencing? I'm dubious that they will get more than a 10 year (reduced later to 3 I'm sure), if only because as I read the transcripts, they are not so much monsters as they are idealistic imbeciles on a mission.

Now let me clarify this because I'm sure some folks will get offended.

This does not indict veganism, for veganism is a sound practice and although I personally do not chose it for my own personal idealistic reasons, I agree that it can definitely be part of a completely balanced (like those cereal commercials) lifestyle.

This does not indict vegans because although sometimes I love to get into arguing matches with them over the ideology over cruelty versus the guilt trips they love to “try” lay on me (I'm an idealistic carnivore), I agree with them that their cause has its good side and I say God bless ‘em for having the courage to do it.

What this does blame though is the fact that amongst all types of eaters (that means all of us, vegans, carnivores, omnivores, junkers, anorectics, muscle dysmorphics), there are going to be a few who because of ignorance coupled with a strong conviction in the righteousness of their cause will turn a blind eye to the dangers of not understanding the dynamics of your diet. Unfortunately, I know a number of folks from all dietary standpoints who are so mistaken and yet adamant in their beliefs that if the courts were to convict all people for the crime these parents committed, many more would go to jail too, including parents who send their kids off to McDonald’s because they don’t want to cook regularly for them.

The problem is inflexibility, ignorance, and motivation; why? Because when these people get an idea they feel is important, they make it their life’s mission to proselytize it without understanding it fully. I will agree that promoting veganism is sometimes as easy as promoting Islam in America right now, but they are not doing anybody any favors by not reading up on it, as a matter of fact, they are hurting the very cause they are trying to promote in the long run….

I mean, how many anti-vegans will try to use this as their soapbox to “prove” that veganism is bad (while ignoring the fact that idiocy was the true problem)?

Luckily, the human body for the most part is so amazingly adaptable an organ that it affords most of us plenty of leniency to be idiots and eat garbage for a long time before we end up dead from our own ignorance. This is why many diets and many bulking programs work, and also why they don’t. But, when we sit down, study, learn, and understand, we really benefit from our course of study (in this case, dietary intake). But of all those qualities, the most important one is flexibility; the flexibility to accept that your ideas may not be the end of the discussion and to always entertain ideas which can add to your knowledge ….

Too many people lack the flexibility to believe that there are other ways to achieve the same goal…. Zealotry is almost never good…

I have vegan friends that look near death. They feed thier pets a vegan diet too. Some people just don't get it.

vegans just dont understand how stupid they are, i wish they wouldnt push their beliefs on their kids who dont know any better.

Re: idiocy does not help any ideology

kidvilla said:
Unfortunately, I know a number of folks from all dietary standpoints who are so mistaken and yet adamant in their beliefs that if the courts were to convict all people for the crime these parents committed, many more would go to jail too, including parents who send their kids off to McDonald’s because they don’t want to cook regularly for them.

Feeding your children McDonalds could not, logically, be a reason for legal action, since this diet, while not scientifically healthy, will allow for normal growth and a lifespan that matches the average American and surpasses 90% of the world's population. The diet that vegans may feed their children, as shown in the article, has much higher rates of nutritional deficiencies, some of which cause serious physical impairments at a very fast rate. We are not talking about decades, as in high fatty/sugary foods, but months. A large majority of the world would die FOR our "bad" diet, and are dying FROM their "bad" diets.

The article is an example of the anti-intellectual phenomenon in Western society. Note how the parents tried to claim that the baby was "thriving" on its diet and only when modern medicine and science intervened, did it begin to show problems. These people are similar to the environmentalist movement which believes that technology is bad and primitive living is good.

Re: Re: idiocy does not help any ideology

atlantabiolab said:

Feeding your children McDonalds could not, logically, be a reason for legal action, since this diet, while not scientifically healthy, will allow for normal growth and a lifespan that matches the average American and surpasses 90% of the world's population. The diet that vegans may feed their children, as shown in the article, has much higher rates of nutritional deficiencies, some of which cause serious physical impairments at a very fast rate. We are not talking about decades, as in high fatty/sugary foods, but months. A large majority of the world would die FOR our "bad" diet, and are dying FROM their "bad" diets.

The article is an example of the anti-intellectual phenomenon in Western society. Note how the parents tried to claim that the baby was "thriving" on its diet and only when modern medicine and science intervened, did it begin to show problems. These people are similar to the environmentalist movement which believes that technology is bad and primitive living is good.

Exactly.

Re: idiocy does not help any ideology

kidvilla said:

This does not indict veganism, for veganism is a sound practice and although I personally do not chose it for my own personal idealistic reasons, I agree that it can definitely be part of a completely balanced (like those cereal commercials) lifestyle.

Wrong.

Top Bottom