Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Waaahhhh Im 18 and just got 162 years for committing 7 armed robberies, Waaaahhhhhh!

I agree if it's proven beyond a reasonable doubt, eye for an eye ! Why waste taxpayers money on them. I agree everyone from the homeless an poor all the way up to the rich fat man making millions, has a chance to become a productive citizen of society, there's all kinds of help available if you want it. You can't really blame society or they're upbringing or social - economical status.

If it were that easy...

...but you might forget that sometimes the wrong person is arrested.

If someone is found guilty, would you rush the death penalty with the chance that they might prove to be innocent later because of some issue with the evidence? That's the problem that I think people deal with. If it's 100% sure that the person is guilty, then I don't think that there's any concern for them to be put down.

David Milguaard was a horrific case, but he was later proved innocent.

If they're convicted, they're convicted. The system is a human system, meaning it is not perfect.

You mean to tell me you think Casey Anthony should be as free to do as she pleases just like you and me?

The idea of this whole proccess was to have the general public see what happens when you do wrong, so that they may be deterred from doing so themselves. Where it failed miserably was in the fact that the people who are doing wrong are now getting a slap on the wrist and then treated like decent people living in conditions better than half of the high poverty areas of US cities.

Serial child molesters are out in 10 on good behavior to go sit and watch our children play at the local playground with a hard on in their pants.

I do see your point, but if for every 1,000 assholes who get the chair there is one wrong place wrong time guy that takes one for the team, so be it. I think we are just that fucked as a people that extreme measures should now be protocol.

Sent from my Droid using EliteFitness

Re: "Waaahhhh Im 18 and just got 162 years for committing 7 armed robberies, Waaaahhh

I do see your point, but if for every 1,000 assholes who get the chair there is one wrong place wrong time guy that takes one for the team, so be it.

Would you feel that way if that one person who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time was your son or daughter?

I never asked for immunity. If my child were convicted and given the death sentence, and I 100% in my heart believed they were innocent, sure I would fight for them until the very last second, but if that were ever the case and it came down to their execution, I wouldn't be the only person that has ever happened to.

We can't always win all the time. It just isn't possible for everyone to always get their way in everything.

Like I said, every human system will have flaws because we are not perfect.

It's casualty of war. To win the fight against crime,murder,drugs,ect. There will be good people that get hurt too. That's just how the system is. It's not perfect, but it works. There is not a perfect system out there.

So what it comes down to is. You do the crime, you do the time!

Sent from my ADR6350 using EliteFitness

If you're thinking my upbringing was even close to sheltered, you've got no fucking clue.

Enlighten me, if my view is idiotic. Obviously our system is a failure and needs reform. Let's hear your opinion if you know better.

You're a god damned genius, aren't you bitch?

I usually crawfish backwards when I stuff my foot in my own mouth, too.

Worthless fuck.

Re: "Waaahhhh Im 18 and just got 162 years for committing 7 armed robberies, Waaaahhh

I never asked for immunity. If my child were convicted and given the death sentence, and I 100% in my heart believed they were innocent, sure I would fight for them until the very last second, but if that were ever the case and it came down to their execution, I wouldn't be the only person that has ever happened to.

We can't always win all the time. It just isn't possible for everyone to always get their way in everything.

Like I said, every human system will have flaws because we are not perfect.

No, that's cool. I was just asking to get your thoughts. As for me, again...as a once staunch "tow the line" neocon, I used to support capital punishment. I no longer do. I believe that how we treat others (even criminals of the worst kind) is a direct reflection upon us as a "civilized society". Don't get me wrong...my "belief" is sorely tested time and time again and I too am subject to rage when I read some of the things perpetrated upon innocents. I hard to reconcile, but I have to adhere to my principles and maintain my convictions.

Top Bottom