Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Waaahhhh Im 18 and just got 162 years for committing 7 armed robberies, Waaaahhhhhh!

Re: "Waaahhhh Im 18 and just got 162 years for committing 7 armed robberies, Waaaahhh

And you believe the two are mutually exclusive? I have no problem with the concept of being feared. Hell...I am very good at instilling fear, but I also hold to a higher standard where respect and admiration are traits to be aspired toward. The idea that you can only attain only one or the other is ludicrous IMO.

i guess i just kinda thought that you always had to choose one or the other...and once upon a time i probably would have chosen respect...but the world is a fucked up place anymore, so i suppose i'm on the side of fear now...however, i am certain that i haven't put as much thought into it as you...just my knee-jerk response.

Re: "Waaahhhh Im 18 and just got 162 years for committing 7 armed robberies, Waaaahhh

i guess i just kinda thought that you always had to choose one or the other...and once upon a time i probably would have chosen respect...but the world is a fucked up place anymore, so i suppose i'm on the side of fear now...however, i am certain that i haven't put as much thought into it as you...just my knee-jerk response.

Of course the world is a fucked up place. You will get no argument from me, but that doesn't mean I have to behave in a "fucked up" manner in response. Just because "everyone else does it" doesn't mean I have to follow suit. Please note that not too terribly long ago I adhered to a "scorched earth" ideology and supported capital punishment. It was then that I set on a quest to question my values and find the fundamental/root source of where those ideologies came from. I found that I've been lied to and manipulated. It was then I chose to scrutinize everything (even my beliefs) and constantly reassess.

I never asked for immunity. If my child were convicted and given the death sentence, and I 100% in my heart believed they were innocent, sure I would fight for them until the very last second, but if that were ever the case and it came down to their execution, I wouldn't be the only person that has ever happened to.

We can't always win all the time. It just isn't possible for everyone to always get their way in everything.

Like I said, every human system will have flaws because we are not perfect.
I'd always figure that if my son / daughter was going to be sentenced to death, then it would be me to pull the lever.

I wouldn't be able to stop the execution, but I'm hoping that it will be a little more humane for him / her.

Of course the world is a fucked up place. You will get no argument from me, but that doesn't mean I have to behave in a "fucked up" manner in response. Just because "everyone else does it" doesn't mean I have to follow suit. Please note that not too terribly long ago I adhered to a "scorched earth" ideology and supported capital punishment. It was then that I set on a quest to question my values and find the fundamental/root source of where those ideologies came from. I found that I've been lied to and manipulated. It was then I chose to scrutinize everything (even my beliefs) and constantly reassess.

oh, i don't believe in being fucked up either...quite the contrary...but, when i think of the words civilized and respected at the same time? i think of the french...they put themselves out as being dignified and cultured and civilized and highly-evolved and they aspire to be respected...but, at the end of the day?? they're just a bunch of snooty, sniveling, smelly, pointy-nosed little pussies who were born with their hands up...and when the shit hits the fan, they let everyone else (mostly us) do all the dirty work. if that's civilized? put "x" in the nay column for me.

I wouldn't be able to stop the execution, but I'm hoping that it will be a little more humane for him / her.

But perhaps in that moment, the two of you can reach an understanding that transcends all this "crap" that makes us "feel better" and allow the two of you to accept what is happening. It's quite "Zen"...truth be told.

oh, i don't believe in being fucked up either...quite the contrary...but, when i think of the words civilized and respected at the same time? i think of the french...they put themselves out as being dignified and cultured and civilized and highly-evolved and they aspire to be respected...but, at the end of the day?? they're just a bunch of snooty, sniveling, smelly, pointy-nosed little pussies who were born with their hands up...and when the shit hits the fan, they let everyone else (mostly us) do all the dirty work. if that's civilized? put "x" in the nay column for me.

Have you served? What's your service record? Forgive me for asking, but I need to know who I'm talking to and if I'm talking to a person who hasn't put their money where their mouth is, then I approach the discussion in a different manner. I served. My son served. Have you? An honest question. If you have not and you adopt a stance of warmongering/occupation of sovereign nations at the expense other other people's children....I will eat you alive...chew you up...and spit you out on the curb. I got your karma and I don't appreciate "trite" responses. If you're going to unzip your fly, you better be able to backup your shit...just so we're clear, ok?

I am not a pussy and I walk the walk. I must say that at your age, I'm somewhat puzzled that you have a rather convoluted perception of the world and the place the USA holds. You're not much younger than me, but your ideologies lends itself to one that has been listening/watching Fox News for far too long. Perhaps it's time to question your ideology my friend. Are you ready?

Last edited:

overly strict punishments are problematic because we all violate the law at one time or another. if every offense received a life sentence, we would all be incarcerated. so think carefully if an afternoon of non-violent robbery really deserves life in prison. it's probably not a crime we personally would commit, and the perpetrator in this story isn't somebody any of us care about. but our loved ones will commit crime too, and i think we all hope that they will not be shown the same callousness for things like drunk in public, petty theft, or possession of a controlled substance.

Last edited:

Have you served? What's your service record? Forgive me for asking, but I need to know who I'm talking to and if I'm talking to a person who hasn't put their money where their mouth is, then I approach the discussion in a different manner. I served. My son served. Have you? An honest question. If you have not and you adopt a stance of warmongering/occupation of sovereign nations at the expense other other people's children....I will eat you alive...chew you up...and spit you out on the curb. I got your karma and I don't appreciate "trite" responses. If you're going to unzip your fly, you better be able to backup your shit...just so we're clear, ok?

I am not a pussy and I walk the walk. I must say that at your age, I'm somewhat puzzled that you have a rather convoluted perception of the world and the place the USA holds. You're not much younger than me, but your ideologies lends itself to one that has been listening/watching Fox News for far too long. Perhaps it's time to question your ideology my friend. Are you ready?
No offense and I'm sure you're a good man but chill out. Your Internet Supertough guy routine is tiresome. You just got here. Digi has 28,322 posts for you to figure out what kind of man he is.

I've never served but I'm the son of a retired LTC who served in Vietnam and worked another 20 yrs civil service for the Army beyond. My opinions are formed from his leadership. Will those be invalidated as well because I haven't put my money up?

Like it or not you fought for the right for people to say stuff you disagree with. I had a conniption over a flag burning picture just yesterday. I have thoroughly fleshed thoughts on many things, however I rarely waste them on EF.

No offense and I'm sure you're a good man but chill out.

I will not. I take my politics very seriously. Perhaps if more people did as I do, we wouldn't be such a fucked up nation. Do you research the candidates you vote for? Doubtful. Do you know their voting record(s)? Doubtful. Do you even bother? Do you even vote? When I vote, I "know" who I'm voting for and what they've voted on. Everyone here is complaining how our system of justice is broken? Anyone even want to venture a guess as to why? Because "we" have allowed it to happen. We Americans are "asleep at the wheel" and we blindly vote for whomever we're told to vote for....And then those legislators vote in the legislation that becomes law/justice. Chill out? I will not. And anyone who opens their mouth and offers up an opinion should be able to back it up when called on it. I don't play nice in politics. Either get used to it or....STFU, capiche?

overly strict punishments are problematic because we all violate the law at one time or another. if every offense received a life sentence, we would all be incarcerated. so think carefully if an afternoon of non-violent robbery really deserves life in prison. it's probably not a crime we personally would commit, and the perpetrator in this story isn't somebody any of us care about. but our loved ones will commit crime too, and i think we all hope that they will not be shown the same callousness for things like drunk in public, petty theft, or possession of a controlled substance.

Well it was violent robbery, he was armed, shot a dog, then shot at people, he was escalating in violent behavior.
Had he done it once I'd be with you guys, but SEVEN times?

Sent from my VM670 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom