Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PCT lifting intensity?

mrplunkey said:
I'm in the same spot right now... i'm finishing a 9-week, low-dose cycle (my first ever). Then taking 5 weeks off -- then starting my first "real" cycle (i.e. test cypo, deca, winny).

Here's my quandry -- I've got a mild front groin/abs pull and my left elbow has some nagging (but not debilitating) tendonitis (there is speculation that my 200 mg/week of test cypo made muscles stronger faster than connective tissue). When do I let those heal-up a little? I don't want to slack during my PCT and lose gains, but I don't want to enter my first "real" AAS cycle all beaten-up either.

Ideas?

Mr. Plunkey, 5 weeks isn't much of a break dude. I would give it at least 8 weeks. Does the abdominal pull bug you during bench or rows? If not you can probably get around it. I've had water on the knee for 10 years and done 3 cycles over the last year, and I just don't over do it. And I stay away from those injury prone exercises like squats and just double up on my leg presses. You should be fine, but I would still give yourself a bigger break.

When coming off of a cycle, it is very tempting to go even crazier in the gym to try to maintain all of your gains, as you might feel that you must train even harder when clean. This, of course, is a mistake. I generally reduce training volume by about 25% when off and fight that urge to do an "extra" set or exercise of this or that. I find that the 8-10 rep range works well for me when clean, but I still vary the rep ranges week-to-week, doing fewer pyraminds and fewer set-expansions, like drop sets.

Everone's body is different, so what works for me or soemeone else may not work for you. The key is to listen to your body! Feeling absolutely worn out during your workout? Then you've done enough. Still feeling sore when it's time to train a bodypart again? Maybe you need more rest. I fight the urge to overtrain everytime I'm clean, but I remind myself that when clean it is much easier to overrtrain and it is better to err on the side of undertraining than overtraining. Good luck.

Last cycle was my best job of keeping gains. I went from 4-5 workouts while "on", to 2 workouts/week during PCT, lifting just as heavy as I did while "on". I also dropped cardio entirely. So, for me, I think the keys are greatly reducing volume and keeping strength levels up.

Joe Stenson said:
Last cycle was my best job of keeping gains. I went from 4-5 workouts while "on", to 2 workouts/week during PCT, lifting just as heavy as I did while "on". I also dropped cardio entirely. So, for me, I think the keys are greatly reducing volume and keeping strength levels up.

Same here, That's why i like to switch to a DC routine after a cycle. I go from 4 days at the gym, down to 3 and basically do a low volume HIT style training. This works so well that according to my body composition tests done with fat calipers five times and then averaged, showed that since my last cycle stopped, i gained an average of 2 lbs of muscle in a month. Given a 2-3 month break between cycles i found myself heading into the next cycle with 6 lb lead. And all it took was always doing a once kick ass, make you puke, work set per bodypart. Afterwards you have to switch to a more traditional routine, but it's all good because by then it's time for another cycle and more volume.

When off cycle you have to use the most advanced and effective methods used by NATURAL HARDGAINERS. They have a tendency to not gain easily and loose muscle quick. SO, any routine that works for them will work better in a person after a cycle with a depressed hpta and bordering on overtraining. That's my story and i'm sticking to it.

GREGORY said:
Same here, That's why i like to switch to a DC routine after a cycle. I go from 4 days at the gym, down to 3 and basically do a low volume HIT style training. This works so well that according to my body composition tests done with fat calipers five times and then averaged, showed that since my last cycle stopped, i gained an average of 2 lbs of muscle in a month. Given a 2-3 month break between cycles i found myself heading into the next cycle with 6 lb lead. And all it took was always doing a once kick ass, make you puke, work set per bodypart. Afterwards you have to switch to a more traditional routine, but it's all good because by then it's time for another cycle and more volume.

When off cycle you have to use the most advanced and effective methods used by NATURAL HARDGAINERS. They have a tendency to not gain easily and loose muscle quick. SO, any routine that works for them will work better in a person after a cycle with a depressed hpta and bordering on overtraining. That's my story and i'm sticking to it.

I'm there with you 110% man.. what works for natural lifters.. which is usually insanse lifting.. and supplementing.. throw all that into someone who is on cycle.. and holy shit.. talk about some serious strength.. recovery.. and size.. that's the only way i do it..

During PCT I train just about like I did while on.. 1-2 bodyparts per workout.. and lift heavy.. MAX-OT style.. i love it.. nothing puts the size on me like the MAX-OT training methods.. anyway.. i also supplement seriously.. which i ususally do anyway.. but i'm much more concious of it during PCT.. like high doses of vitamin c and e to reduce free radicals and cortisol after workouts.. along with NAC for the same reason.. use some glutamine to prevent some muscle wasting.. enhance immunity.. prevent over training.. etc.. use creatine to help keep my lifts strong so that I don't loose too much when off.. a very potent multi-vitamin morning and night.. and all my EFA's from an EFA oil (that tastes like complete shit).. ha ha..

PCT is more important than being on.. you could gain muscle by picking your fat ass up off the couch while on.. and grow by eating anything.. but once you go off.. you gotta be serious to keep all that mass or atleast as much as you can.. and then continue to gain from there till your next cycle.. i'm in PCT right now.. still up 20lbs.. but only my first week of PCT.. have to see how it goes.. goodluck everyone

SuperDawgy said:
And i seriously doubt that 200mgs of cyp made your muscles outgrow your connective tissues that fast.
I completely agree... this 200 mg/week of cyp was really just a "starter cycle" to get me used to AAS. My next cycle will probably be 300 cyp/week, 200 deca/week and some Winstrol (dosing TBD).

Thanks,

mrplunkey said:
I completely agree... this 200 mg/week of cyp was really just a "starter cycle" to get me used to AAS. My next cycle will probably be 300 cyp/week, 200 deca/week and some Winstrol (dosing TBD).

Thanks,

Use EQ in place of the deca for a second cycle. I'd go 500mg cyp and 300-400mg on the EQ. I think you'll be pleased.

You don't want to ligt nearly asa hard as you did while you were on cause your body can't recover nearly as good. High reps and low sets is good for maintaining. I lifted heavy after a test and d-bol cycle and I lost size and strength.

carlsky said:
You don't want to ligt nearly asa hard as you did while you were on cause your body can't recover nearly as good. High reps and low sets is good for maintaining. I lifted heavy after a test and d-bol cycle and I lost size and strength.

How was your diet after the cycle?

carlsky said:

Wow, this advice is terrible. Keeping strength is probably THE most important thing after a cycle. If you go from squatting 405 down to 315 once you finish a cycle, you think your legs are going to keep their mass?

Low sets is right, but if you're lifting low or medium reps on cycle, why would you switch to high reps post-cycle? You're just asking for huge losses in size.

Top Bottom