Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PCT lifting intensity?

oxymoron

Plat Hero
Platinum
Work out regime during post cycle therapy? I've read and tried different methods, but still unsure what works best. I saw on a gains keeper formula article to lift high reps during PCT. Buddies have told me to keep lifting heavy and like a lunatic through your PCT. I've also heard to take that time off from the weights and stick to the ancillaries. Can anyone point me in a clear direction.

:strider36 :wodin:

OxyMoron said:
Work out regime during post cycle therapy? I've read and tried different methods, but still unsure what works best. I saw on a gains keeper formula article to lift high reps during PCT. Buddies have told me to keep lifting heavy and like a lunatic through your PCT. I've also heard to take that time off from the weights and stick to the ancillaries. Can anyone point me in a clear direction.

I train pretty similar to the way I do while on...Except with less weight and less intensity...
Remeber, you WONT recover nearly as well during this time so more rest is better at that point...I also take an extra day of rest each week during this time...

After my lone cycle, I kept all of my strength gains for the most part.

For my PCT lifting, I kept the weight and intensity high, but dropped the total number of sets.

OxyMoron said:

I don't hold back at all. I'll try to lift the heaviest weight for 8-10 for ex. the same way while I was on. Yes the weight will be lighter, but don't let that tax you brain...it's normal. Time off from the weights is not a bad idea...especially if you've been really hittin it hard for 14 weeks or whatever. You'll hate not being able to go to the gym at first but when you get back in the gym you'll have a fire lit under your ass. :chomp:

same intensity, less time in the gym..... less sets and a lil more rest peroids.
but intensity stays high as i feel thats a big key to keep your muscle. imo

I usually go to a 5 day split instead of a 4 day and incorporate a few more drop sets instead of pyramids. It all depends on the cycle i'm coming off of. Last year i also tried switching my pairings up. Instead of hitting chest and triceps, i went to chest and biceps. Agonist/antagonist routines give the groups less stress per day and help you recover faster.

I'm in the same spot right now... i'm finishing a 9-week, low-dose cycle (my first ever). Then taking 5 weeks off -- then starting my first "real" cycle (i.e. test cypo, deca, winny).

Here's my quandry -- I've got a mild front groin/abs pull and my left elbow has some nagging (but not debilitating) tendonitis (there is speculation that my 200 mg/week of test cypo made muscles stronger faster than connective tissue). When do I let those heal-up a little? I don't want to slack during my PCT and lose gains, but I don't want to enter my first "real" AAS cycle all beaten-up either.

Ideas?

mrplunkey said:
I'm in the same spot right now... i'm finishing a 9-week, low-dose cycle (my first ever). Then taking 5 weeks off -- then starting my first "real" cycle (i.e. test cypo, deca, winny).

Here's my quandry -- I've got a mild front groin/abs pull and my left elbow has some nagging (but not debilitating) tendonitis (there is speculation that my 200 mg/week of test cypo made muscles stronger faster than connective tissue). When do I let those heal-up a little? I don't want to slack during my PCT and lose gains, but I don't want to enter my first "real" AAS cycle all beaten-up either.

Ideas?

Work around the injuries. It's easy to do with a little creativity. I'm guessing here, but your elbow issue is probably the result of doing alot of heavy tricep pressdowns and or heavy closegrips. Do some lighter overhead db extensions and bench dips. What movements aggravate the issues? Stay away from them. And i seriously doubt that 200mgs of cyp made your muscles outgrow your connective tissues that fast.

Top Bottom