Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PCT lifting intensity?

Bulldog_10 said:
I didn't read all the replies, but someone probably said this already, if so...sorry.

After a cycle you gotta keep the intensity up. Drop the volume down dramatically if you need to, because you obviously won't be recovering at the same rate.

It's been shown time and time again that intensity is all you need in order to maintain muscle (as well as many other physiological variables which are changed by regular exercise). Volume and frequency can be dropped, but as long as intensity is maintained, gains will also be maintained.

I'd hit the gym 2-3 days a week do high intensity, compound exercises...don't worry about isolation exercises, just hit the heavy lifts hard.

Thank you sir, this is exactly what i've been trying to say here. I use the DC routine, which is a high Intensity (HIT) Style of training while off. It works great and the reduced volume keeps the strenght up and even progressing.

There is NO WAY your body can recover when on pct when doing intense excercises. It is all in the science, if your test is almost non-existent, how are you going to recover from intense excercise??? Common sense here guys.

carlsky said:
There is NO WAY your body can recover when on pct when doing intense excercises. It is all in the science, if your test is almost non-existent, how are you going to recover from intense excercise??? Common sense here guys.

Common sense has nothing to do with bodybuilding.. bodybuilding is a very fine science.. understanding how the body works in almost everyway to make it perform better and better is probably one of the hardest things to ever achieve.. but in any case.. your body can recover anytime.. TEST is NOT the only way your body recovers.. it helps.. yes.. but your body can recover in other ways as well.. your body will not be nearly as effective at recovery in the absence of test.. but it can still happen.. glucose will still feed the muscles after a workout.. protein synthesis will still occur and granted you are using a protein supp.. will be greatly enhanced.. and your body will slowly begin piecing itself back together after you've torn it all to hell.. and with the help of smart supplementation.. your body can recover suprisingly well in the absence of test or in low test environments.. but get it straight man.. amount of test does not equal amount of recovery.. it helps it.. it's not the only way.. i mean come on man.. you wanna turn this into common sense.. then ok.. we are talking about the human body here.. it has survived thousands of years.. in times of extreme famine.. and disease.. and has found ways to cope.. mechanisms to change itself to fit it's surroundings.. ways to fight off viruses and diseases.. do you REALLY think the body could not recover after a workout in the absence of testosterone?? ok then.. :)

Last edited:
Nice post biggeek.

carlsky, there is "NO WAY your body can recover when on pct when doing intense exercises" AT THE SAME FREQUENCY AS WHILE ON CYCLE...this is why you drastically reduce volume post-cycle. Do what works for you, but as you can see, no one else agrees so don't try to make it sound like what you're doing is "common sense".

carlsky said:

How do women recover if this is true? Just some food for thought bro.

SuperDawgy said:
How do women recover if this is true? Just some food for thought bro.

VERY good point dawg.. even though women do have test.. just only in SMALL amounts.. and they recover just fine.. but comparing men and women in terms of muscle building potential and ability.. is like comparing a ford with a ferrari.. the male body was designed with many different features in place to promote the added size and strength that women's bodies weren't naturally meant to hold.. just another example of the amazing human body.. ha ha

when you come off steroids, your test levels are lower than a girls. When you take testosterone, you boost your protein synthesis 50 times! What do you mean it helps??? It has everything to do with your body. This is why if you don't do your pct, you lose your muscle! Test is also anti-catabolic, take it out then there will be nothing to stop you from losing muscle. Whatever, test has everything to do with your gains. Girls don't get big unless they have a lot of it also. This is why men are bigger than girls, they have a lot more testosterone in their bodies. My doctor also told me this when I was coming off my test and d-bol cycle, he said that I should lift very light and low sets because my body will have very little test to make me recover. I would believe a doctor of you guys I'm sorry.lol. I geuss if you get away with it then it really doesn't matter what the answert is. More power to you if you succeed this way.

carlsky said:
when you come off steroids, your test levels are lower than a girls. When you take testosterone, you boost your protein synthesis 50 times! What do you mean it helps??? It has everything to do with your body. This is why if you don't do your pct, you lose your muscle! Test is also anti-catabolic, take it out then there will be nothing to stop you from losing muscle. Whatever, test has everything to do with your gains. Girls don't get big unless they have a lot of it also. This is why men are bigger than girls, they have a lot more testosterone in their bodies. My doctor also told me this when I was coming off my test and d-bol cycle, he said that I should lift very light and low sets because my body will have very little test to make me recover. I would believe a doctor of you guys I'm sorry.lol. I geuss if you get away with it then it really doesn't matter what the answert is. More power to you if you succeed this way.

Agreed.. the bottom line of this whole discussion is.. do what works for you.. for the majority of us.. lowering volume is all we need to do.. not switching to low weights.. high reps.. i personally do not believe in EVER going to low weight high reps.. it doesn't stimulate the muscle like heavy lifting does.. and if you don't stimulate it.. it won't grow.. but anyway.. in regards to the doctor thing.. hate to be the one to tell you this.. but doctors are not ALWAYS right.. if they have specific degrees in sports med... and exercise physiology..etc.. maybe.. but a family practice doctor knows what was in books like 5-10 years ago.. ha ha.. i've been to many a doctor in my life that has steered me in the wrong direction with very simple problems.. they were misinformed or stuck into a thought and unwilling to think outside the box.. very typical of doctors unfortuantly..

Ok.. now as too the testosterone subject again.. i'm not knocking what your saying man.. test is vital to muscle growth and recovery.. but it is NOT the only substance in the human body that regulates growth and recovery.. ever heard of growth horomone.. insulin.. IGF-1?? they all contribute without the aid of test.. and yes test is anti-catabolic.. but there are tons of substances out there that are anti-catabolic.. try vitamin c and e for example.. like i said.. in the absence of test.. smart supplementing can help maintain nearly all your gains.. and aid the body during the times of low to nil test production.. test is not a wonder drug.. if it was so great.. how come we all can't just take it.. sit on our asses.. post to this message board.. and get huge.. i know people that take it and never train and are fat and bloated.. lol.. it's sad honestly.. but on a side note.. what about tren.. deca.. winny.. primo.. these HIGHLY touted substances are NOT test.. and do not convert to test in any way.. they are substances that on their own can create an anabolic and androgenic environment in the body without the aid of test.. some of them will slightly increase test.. some will greatly increase test.. and some not at all.. and they still can pack on the muscle.. so in these cases where test is not even a drug used.. and test is the only reason we gain or lose muscle.. then why do PCT after a deca or tren cycle??.. i mean.. it's not test.. so recovery should be fine..

If i'm not mistaken.. you posted in another thread on here that your 19.. and doing roids.. now i'm not one to bash someone doing that.. i was uneducated and did it at an early age as well.. i should have waited.. but i believe you need to do some more research.. find a new doctor.. and be open to new ideas and possiblities.. if nothing else.. try new things and see what REALLY works for you.. for all you know lifting heavy during PCT could work even better for you.. but no offense man.. how experienced at PCT can you really be.. i mean.. your 19... ?

Good discussion guys

I agree on some points. Actually ALL steroids are derived from testosterone. The chemical is manipulated from a testosterone molecule to have a different effect. I am only 19 but it is so hard for me to put on mass. I naturally weigh 190-195 and 7-8% bf. I am not an expert, I just know that without test it is hard to recover and build.

carlsky said:
I agree on some points. Actually ALL steroids are derived from testosterone. The chemical is manipulated from a testosterone molecule to have a different effect. I am only 19 but it is so hard for me to put on mass. I naturally weigh 190-195 and 7-8% bf. I am not an expert, I just know that without test it is hard to recover and build.

Of course it's hard, but not impossible. Losing strength in the absence of test falls under the "use it or lose it" category. If you don't lift with the same relative intensity that you used during your cycle, you lose strength at a faster rate. Skeletal muscle is very adaptable and will find a way to deal with the reduction of test by utilizing other methods of recovery. I've been doing this for the better part of 15 years and have seen recovery go both ways, but as a general rule, a massive loss of strength and size after the cycle has ended can be basically attributed to a diminished effort in the gym and a reduction in caloric intake...not to mention poor PCT.

Top Bottom