Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some major advice on eating habbits

Rugbysgrl

Okay i need to know if i am getting all of the vitamins that i need to be healthy.

i work out every day and sometimes twice a day and here is what i eat:

-for breakfast i eat dannon light and fit vanilla yogurt with oatmeal in it

-throughout the day i eat: celery, carrots, sugarsnap peas, some pretzels, 2 plain salt free rice cakes with peanut butter (all natural kind), fruit and 2 gallons of water

-then when i come home from school i usually have some fruit or veggies

-for dinner i usually have fish or chicken with salad.

You are on the right track.........what are your goals (loose weight or gain muscle size)
I dont know your stats as in weight and height. Meal#1 try having 4-5 eggs whites (one yolk only)with oatmeal for breakfast ,meal #2 protein shake or tuna on a rye with veggies....meal#3 chiken or tuna or turkey with a salad, baked potatoe or yams, or browne rice,meal#4 Protein shake or MRS or tuna salad, meal #5 chiken/tuna/turkey with salad or steamed vegetables....or egg white omelet with veggies.
See it all depends on your goals.Make sure that right after your workout you consume foods that are high GI, or protein shake.
Consume 2-3 tbs of Flax Seed oil.
Are you taking any supplements or vitamins??
Make sure that you consume enough protein through out the day and drink lots of water.
Stay away from sugar and animal fat, starchy carbs....
Suplement your diet with vitamins such as vitamin C,E,A and B's complex....calcium.
Protein,complex carbs and fruit and vegggies and good fat, and water,simple.
Take care.

[This message has been edited by natglutes (edited April 17, 2001).]

I don't know, unless you weigh 80 lbs that doesn't seem like enough food to me. You may be slowing down your metabolism.

Just by looking at it, I'd estimate that you eat roughly 800-1000cals, maybe less. What are your stats? and since eating like this, have you noticed a loss of appetite, and decreased energy? You are better off eating other things than pretzels and rice cakes. Unless you really like those foods, they are not really helping you.

to answer your question- no you are not getting all the vitamins you need to stay healthy.... if you see it fit to keep your diet the way it is, then you need to supplement w/ Multi Vitamins and Minerals in the morning and in the afternoon..
(you can get them fairly cheap in walgreens/ or longs-drugs or even SafeWay--GNC is too expensive for me)
I would also reccomend taking in a Calcium/Zinc/Iron/Magnesium Supplement along w/ your multi vit. and minerals--- it is sold as one compound in a 100 pill bottle usually--- fairly cheap... if you can't find it just look for Calcium at least (I bought mine in Costco for $8)
My 2cents
Mr.X

Okay well what do you think i should eat? I love rice cakes and pretzels!! I haven't noticed a decrease in my energy..not really in my appetite either.
I am 5'2 and i weigh ummm i don't really know maybe 110 haven't checked lately i just wanna stay at the size i am....

okay i just ate my dinner and i had some fish, and mango, and colliflower and some sunflower seeds.....cause i am freaked out now that you say i don't eat enough!

For you to stay as you are and have the energy to play sports, not put on fat, etc., you want to eat about 10 to 15 cals. per pound of bodyweight. Spread your meals out during the day and your metabolism will stay humming along.

Protein can be about 30% of your diet, carbs 40% and fat makes up the rest--but good fats, like olive oil, nuts, peanut butter, not the tropical oils found in ready-made cakes, cookies, etc.

YOu're probably burning off the carbs in rice cakes and pretzels, but there's better carb choices that stay with you longer and keep you feeling full and energized. Oatmeal is awesome, sweet potatoes, whole wheat bread are good.

Food is your friend, not the enemy and you don't want to get fucked up about food. Good eating habits will keep you going when all your girlfriends are freaking out and crash dieting.

Thanks, sounds good so you recommend whole wheat bread over the rice cakes? But what should i eat in replace of the pretzels just dry oatmeal? How much of it?

i would reccomend low Glycemic carbs like:
brown rice
oatmeal
yams
sweet potatoes
all are good sources of low glycemic carbs...
yes oatmeal is better then rice cakes/
pretzels
and wheat bread is a good source of carbs too
although I love pretzels myself, they are not the best food unless made from 100% wheat
My 2cents
Mr.X

Okay, today i am fully freaking out about stuff so i am kinda going crazy...its noon and here is what i have eaten:

1 rice cake with peaunut butter
1 Bannana
small amount of yogurt...(1/2 cup or a little less) with oatmea

celery
carrots
sugar snap peas
dry oatmeal
1/4 cup of soy nuts
1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
And about a gallon of water...

i end up eating everything by 1 in the afternoon and then i just drink water till about 4:30 or 5 when i have a light snack and my dinner.....what should i do? am i okay?

Top Bottom