Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is pasta and bread that bad?

action jaxen

Im currently on a diet, Trying to shed some pounds build up muscle. I've been eating alot cleaner for the last few weeks, Cut out cheese and switched to skim milk - cheese is now the enemy. Although my problem is, is that i dont eat mean/chicken/fish etc.. so I've been substituting meat protien with shakes etc.. But that doesnt fill me up at all, I love bread and pasta, I eat 2 bagels (plain) a day and a small serving of pasta for lunch or dinner , is this bad? are they "clean" carbs??

The main carbohydrates I eat when dieting (and year round for that matter) are oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potato and regular potato, plain rice cakes and carbohydrate powders like waxy maize.

I am celiac so I can not eat wheat because I am allergic to the gluten protein in it. I find that most people who aren't celiac that switch to a gluten free diet find an improvement in their digestion and regularity. Wheat is extremely inflammatory in the body and not the best choice when it comes to carbohydrates.

You can now find brown rice pasta and bagels made from brown rice flour at your local grocery store. They are going to be processed and not as good as plain brown rice, but they are better then wheat based bagels and pasta.

as always, thanks muskate for your answer. I've been having a similar question popping randomly in my mind and now I see the answer. jaxen thanks for asking this question either.

Top Bottom