Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5x5 question -im not tired even though its deload period

ceasar989 said:
sub, how long have you been training for?

what are the numbers on your lifts?
iv been lifting for about a year and a half maybe

last week i did

mon:
bench 240 1x5
squat 245 5x5
bb row :( 175 1x5

wed:

standing MP: fucked up, did 130 week before, and blew 140 5x5
pullups: bw+40 5x5
deads: 315 5x5

fri;
bench 230 5x5
squat 255 1x5
bb row :( 165 5x5

SublimeZM said:
iv been lifting for about a year and a half maybe

last week i did

mon:
bench 240 1x5
squat 245 5x5
bb row :( 175 1x5

wed:

standing MP: fucked up, did 130 week before, and blew 140 5x5
pullups: bw+40 5x5
deads: 315 5x5

fri;
bench 230 5x5
squat 255 1x5
bb row :( 165 5x5

Damn bro, you're stronger than me except in rows and squats and deads. Fuck, I wish my bench was 240. And I'm just starting to do MP actually, so I'm pretty weak with that.

I've been training for the same amount of time too.

SublimeZM said:
alright thanks alot for your help...

lets say i didnt necessarily hit a wall with single factor, but dual factor is working great for me as well....

if i decided to go back to single factor down the road would it be innefective?
I *think* SF would be better b/c without building a base (meaning years of progress and substantially increasing size/strength) your body is able to tolerate the load from it and recuperate more quickly, thus you don't need a dedicated deload (though I'd guess the odd week off or light week would still be good).

^^ That's my best guess though. I'm not sure as to what exactly happens when DF becomes necessary (other than stalled progress).

Just as a frame of reference, I went from about 175 to 225 naturally and with less than optimal training basically because I ate a lot and lifted hard w/ emphasis on the compounds (for the most part- I still did lots of iso BS but I always focused on bench, deads, military, etc). I bring it up because I think it illustrates that there is lots of potential in SF style training.

So long answer short, I'd guess that you'd progress the same or faster pushing on with SF but I'd love to hear what some of the others think.

It's impossible to know whether you'd progress faster on SF or DF unless you try it. I say carry on the DF until the end, then progress into a SF. If you keep setting PRs from week to week in the SF, then there's little point going back to the DF for now.

You might find yourself in the middle ground, where SF isn't quite enough. There's lots of info out there on manipulating volume on the SF, as a kind of intermediate step before you need the full DF.

sounds good, ill finish this up and then in 5 weeks go back to sf for a while, and if/when i plateu or get bored ill do another 5x5 cycle

Top Bottom