Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PLEASE HELP: My TRT Story

JohnWinston37

My TRT Story:

This might be a little long but I really need help getting things right.

When I initially got on TRT I was prescribed Clomid 25mg a day and 50mg of test once weekly. This started out great. I got an immediate boost and my first labs after 6 weeks had my total test a little over 1500 and Free at 28. Sleep was still suffering but my sleep was terrible prior to TRT due to anxiety/low T so it was great to feel better in all other areas. After a while once I got used to this I went up to 80 mg a week with the 25mg daily clomid. This made me feel UNREAL. My total test shot up to 2043 and my Free was 38. I was an absolute animal in the gym and my mental focus and clarity was out of control. I was extremely warm and my sweat started to smell vastly different but these were OK side effects.

After this, at the advice of numerous friends and everyone online, I decided to drop the Clomid. Even after my clinic raised my test dose up to 200mg, I didn’t feel anywhere close to the way I did when I was on Clomid. I got back on Clomid except this time I needed 160mg of test along with the Clomid to feel good again. My levels at these doses were Total T of around 1820 and Free of 32. This was probably the best I had ever felt on TRT. My sleep finally came back and I still felt great in the gym but atleast able to calm down and sleep at the end of the night. Wanting to chase gains, I decided to up the Clomid to 37.5mg. This was where things got bad....

I felt good on this protocol for a few days, and then the unending exhaustion and tiredness hit. I didn’t up my anastrozole during this period and my estradiol shot up into the 90’s. On top of that, I’m assuming my SHBG climbed a bunch as well. I can’t describe the intense brain fog and exhaustion that hit me during this period. The odd thing is my hair which had thinned dramatically over the previous couple years returned in full force during this period. I had EXTREMELY teary, heavy eyes and could sleep 12/14 hours a day if I wanted. Obviously, after a week of this I moved the Clomid back down to 25mg. For some reason, I did not return to feeling good even after getting the estrogen back under control. I’ve lowered the dose, gotten on and off Clomid, change injection frequency protocol and I still can’t seem to return to feeling “anabolic” and in dominant mode. Not even close. This was a switch was immediately flipped that week when I increased the Clomid and I’ve never been able to return to form. Something happened here. When my injection frequency is frequent off Clomid (3-4 times a week), I feel dreadful and I have the same exhaustion and brain fog when returning to clomid at my old dose of 25mg. Even if my test levels are fine, I don’t feel anywhere close to where I did before. My last labs were with a protocol of 25mg Clomid, and one weekly injection of 125 mg. Now, I feel a little better with a once weekly injection but I’m still at my most tired and most foggy the next days after injection and feel best towards the end before the next injection. My gym performance is mediocre at all times.

Results:

Total Test: 1450
Free T: 25
SHBG: 47
Estradiol: 33

Unfortunately on labs prior to this my old clinic did not get an SHBG reading so I’m not sure what it was prior.

To summarize: Something happened in the process of getting on and off Clomid a few times where it's now like I do not respond properly to test. Any sort of decent amount whether it's with Clomid or without makes me feel exhausted, sleep endlessly, gives me brain fog, heavy/teary eyes and my head hair grew back completely? I feel "better" when lowering the test to almost nothing but simultaneously have no drive and am terrible in the gym. Does anyone know what could’ve happened to me and why I cannot seem to return to feeling good on TRT? Please read the whole thing before making quick judgments.

I wanna hear the experts on this one….I’ll be following this closely. As someone in their 40s, this is my exact fear of getting back on testosterone/TRT.

What does your AAS history look like if you don’t mind me asking?

Seems like things went a little south when you listened to your friends and dropped the clomid and then again when you decided to up it. Not saying you should always listen to doctors, but if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

At my age and with how low my T is, I would’ve pretty content at 1500 T-levels and wouldn’t have changed a thing. But I know the feeling of wanting more. I used to take grams of shit, smash PRs, and still want to push the needle (figuratively and literally), then get stuck on a hill and not no where to go.

As far as where to go now, I’ll let someone else chime in. My 2 cents, I’m a minimalist. If you feel better at lower Test doses, stick with it. Other outside looking in advice: mix it up a little, try a different workout routine, get a partner, sign up for jiu jitsu, get some new p-ssy (if that’s your thing)….for me I find that doing the same workout routine other than running/cardio after a prolonged period of time, I get “bored” and start getting feelings of just wanting to leave the gym mid-workout. 🤷‍♂️ man. That’s me, I’m in my 40s. Give it a shot.

My TRT Story:

This might be a little long but I really need help getting things right.

When I initially got on TRT I was prescribed Clomid 25mg a day and 50mg of test once weekly. This started out great. I got an immediate boost and my first labs after 6 weeks had my total test a little over 1500 and Free at 28. Sleep was still suffering but my sleep was terrible prior to TRT due to anxiety/low T so it was great to feel better in all other areas. After a while once I got used to this I went up to 80 mg a week with the 25mg daily clomid. This made me feel UNREAL. My total test shot up to 2043 and my Free was 38. I was an absolute animal in the gym and my mental focus and clarity was out of control. I was extremely warm and my sweat started to smell vastly different but these were OK side effects.

After this, at the advice of numerous friends and everyone online, I decided to drop the Clomid. Even after my clinic raised my test dose up to 200mg, I didn’t feel anywhere close to the way I did when I was on Clomid. I got back on Clomid except this time I needed 160mg of test along with the Clomid to feel good again. My levels at these doses were Total T of around 1820 and Free of 32. This was probably the best I had ever felt on TRT. My sleep finally came back and I still felt great in the gym but atleast able to calm down and sleep at the end of the night. Wanting to chase gains, I decided to up the Clomid to 37.5mg. This was where things got bad....

I felt good on this protocol for a few days, and then the unending exhaustion and tiredness hit. I didn’t up my anastrozole during this period and my estradiol shot up into the 90’s. On top of that, I’m assuming my SHBG climbed a bunch as well. I can’t describe the intense brain fog and exhaustion that hit me during this period. The odd thing is my hair which had thinned dramatically over the previous couple years returned in full force during this period. I had EXTREMELY teary, heavy eyes and could sleep 12/14 hours a day if I wanted. Obviously, after a week of this I moved the Clomid back down to 25mg. For some reason, I did not return to feeling good even after getting the estrogen back under control. I’ve lowered the dose, gotten on and off Clomid, change injection frequency protocol and I still can’t seem to return to feeling “anabolic” and in dominant mode. Not even close. This was a switch was immediately flipped that week when I increased the Clomid and I’ve never been able to return to form. Something happened here. When my injection frequency is frequent off Clomid (3-4 times a week), I feel dreadful and I have the same exhaustion and brain fog when returning to clomid at my old dose of 25mg. Even if my test levels are fine, I don’t feel anywhere close to where I did before. My last labs were with a protocol of 25mg Clomid, and one weekly injection of 125 mg. Now, I feel a little better with a once weekly injection but I’m still at my most tired and most foggy the next days after injection and feel best towards the end before the next injection. My gym performance is mediocre at all times.

Results:

Total Test: 1450
Free T: 25
SHBG: 47
Estradiol: 33

Unfortunately on labs prior to this my old clinic did not get an SHBG reading so I’m not sure what it was prior.

To summarize: Something happened in the process of getting on and off Clomid a few times where it's now like I do not respond properly to test. Any sort of decent amount whether it's with Clomid or without makes me feel exhausted, sleep endlessly, gives me brain fog, heavy/teary eyes and my head hair grew back completely? I feel "better" when lowering the test to almost nothing but simultaneously have no drive and am terrible in the gym. Does anyone know what could’ve happened to me and why I cannot seem to return to feeling good on TRT? Please read the whole thing before making quick judgments.
@JohnWinston37 this is a complex question and your story from TRT to clomid on off is complex and very subjective at best.

I have a feeling it's related to your DHT levels because of the hair comment but could be DHN or DHT. The real problem here, and this is a fact, that we know NOTHING about you (I mean besides your TRT story), like we dont know jack literally. To truly help you, we need to see your LOG journal with your diet training cardio sleep supplement intake and injection info as you go for at least a few weeks before honestly assessing your situation. To guide you as a community we need a log journal.

If you want us to really guide you, and we have 100s of years of experience between us, you need to post a LOG Journal with your stats (weight,height,age, years training, cycle history) diet, training, cardio, supplement, sleep details. If you don't log what you eat or train now, open NOTES on phone and start recording it there and paste here. Very easy.

Please post a Log Journal asap for us

Please click the anabolic forum
top RIGHT, you see: +POST THREAD
click that

in Title: write your cycle name, like> My _____ Cycle Log
___ = the name of your log
example: My Self-TRT cycle Log
in body: write your planned cycle or cycle you doing now, your diet, training and we will help you along on your cycle

here are examples of LOG Journals

P.S. are you listening to our podcast? if not, you should:

this is a classic example of your body reacting better to SERM therapy than androgenic therapy

most people will be the opposite.

also the initial psychological effects of the clomid that you experienced was short lived. it would have been the same way if you started with TRT. also estrogen effects. because serms block estrogen from feedbacking this resulted in a feeling of euphora, that went away after

then your estrogen shot up really high and things started to change

all in all my advice is stop fucking with your hormones man. just get on a proper trt protocol and stick with it

welcome to EF you came to the right place for help
now we need you to start by sharing a LOG with us

Top Bottom