Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5x5 question -im not tired even though its deload period

Sub-Zero

High End Bro
Platinum
hey guys, i guess madcow is gone but enough of u guys have experience with it so ill ask

this is my 2nd time doing 5x5 dualfactor, and im at the deloading phase this week, and im not tired at all,

i think i remember almost needing this week when i did it last time, and this time i just wanted to rep out my weights even though it was only sets of 3's

anyone else had this "problem"

Are you using the correct weights?? Maybe you went a bit light. I am on my 4th week now and I'm pretty whipped. Could be you just hit it right and your sleep/eating has been great. Did you progress very well this time??

i progressed pretty well yes,

i barely failed in my 4th (record) week on shoulder press, bb row, and weighted pullups

and had to push my ass off and almost failed but got my deadlift, squat, and bench, for each of em

Perhaps your work capacity is improving, which is a good thing. it would mean that next run should be a bit more strenuous. Perhaps 5x5 constant weight for both Mon and Fri squat sessions (though that's a pretty big jump in workload) or maybe 5x5 for mon and fri row/bench. Just thinking out loud though. I know I thought I was ready for more and ended up burying myself, so proceed with caution :)

Guinness5.0 said:
Perhaps your work capacity is improving, which is a good thing. it would mean that next run should be a bit more strenuous. Perhaps 5x5 constant weight for both Mon and Fri squat sessions (though that's a pretty big jump in workload) or maybe 5x5 for mon and fri row/bench. Just thinking out loud though. I know I thought I was ready for more and ended up burying myself, so proceed with caution :)
interesting, so you just do the same weight for the week 5x5, then the next week add up do that twice, ? or do u increase the weight each day

and would it be a bad idea to do 3x3 of an exersise both days? for lets say bench and row starting next week (intensity phase) or would you suggest waiting for an entirely new 5x5 cycle

im also fairly young (17)...so supposedly i have alot of test running through my body.

is 5x5 dual factor even most efficient for my test levels, or should i be doing something with alot more workload? - or that doesnt matter at all

How long have you been lifting for? The reason to go dual factor is b/c you'll hit a wall at some point w/ single factor. If you never hit the wall you're probably better off milking single factor.

Maybe biggt, blut or jim ouini will chime in.....

SublimeZM said:
interesting, so you just do the same weight for the week 5x5, then the next week add up do that twice, ? or do u increase the weight each day

and would it be a bad idea to do 3x3 of an exersise both days? for lets say bench and row starting next week (intensity phase) or would you suggest waiting for an entirely new 5x5 cycle
If you decide to stick w/ dual factor I'd say run it as is for now. Make the changes next time.

I would guess that you'd want to add weight to each workout if you did 'em all 5x5 (versus ramping to a top set of 5) but I'm really not sure. I'm going to dig around in the monster thread b/c this seems like a very relevant question...

Guinness5.0 said:
If you decide to stick w/ dual factor I'd say run it as is for now. Make the changes next time.

I would guess that you'd want to add weight to each workout if you did 'em all 5x5 (versus ramping to a top set of 5) but I'm really not sure. I'm going to dig around in the monster thread b/c this seems like a very relevant question...
alright thanks alot for your help...

lets say i didnt necessarily hit a wall with single factor, but dual factor is working great for me as well....

if i decided to go back to single factor down the road would it be innefective?

Top Bottom