Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Legs Today/ Thinking of trying 5x5. Questions...

punch

Well today is Leg/Shoulder day.

I was thinking of doing a 5x5 routine w/ squats. My question is this. I would like to try the 5x5 using slow neg/pos. If I do this Im sure my quads will be torched. After squats what do you all recommend. For ex..

2 sets 10 leg ext
2 sets 10 SLDL ( I need some advice on what excersizes to do after the compound)

Also...Shoulders..If I do 5x5 w/ seated overhead presses for ex. what would one do afterwards. For ex.

2 sets 10 lateral raises
2 sets 10 uprights??

I have seen many post how great the 5x5 is. I just wonder if your getting enough direct stimulation by dropping the sets after the compound.

Would welcome some good input. Peace

Punch I personally would do shoulder first
5x5 military press
2x8-10lateral raises
2x8-10 face-pulls or rear flyes

Squat 5x5
SLDL2x8-10
Front squat/split squat/leg ext 2x8-10

It doesn't seem like much bt over weeks and couple of months with progressive loading the weight build up and so does the intensity

Not a bad idea bro. I would have never thought to do shoulders first. Thats pretty cool. Just seems like small volume doing this 5x5 especially if your used to doing 3-4 sets of 10 reps. But I will try it.

I know at first I was skeptical but then you look at neasize, then my numbers went through the roof and so did my weight. All you really need to do is have perfect form and slow down the cadence a little on th secondary excercises and work on pure muscular contraction and you grow over time. Good luck

Lastly, if for example on squats I traditionally did:

warmup: 45's
1st set 225/ 10 reps
2nd and 3rd set 275 5 reps
4th set 225 20 reps

how would it look doing 5x5 225lb/245lb/275/315/325 or something in that area?

thx man

punch said:
Lastly, if for example on squats I traditionally did:

warmup: 45's
1st set 225/ 10 reps
2nd and 3rd set 275 5 reps
4th set 225 20 reps

how would it look doing 5x5 225lb/245lb/275/315/325 or something in that area?

thx man

should be using the same weight for all 5 sets..then bump up the weight each week!!

your splits going up look good, but why only go up 10lbs for the last set?
Why not go to 335?

hmmm...wick.

p.s. sorry guys ive never tried 5x5 on anything, but the more i read about everyone trying it, it must work. NOTE: i dont need to add any more body weight (250lbs already), more weight on the bar is perfectly fine though.

Punch why no do 245 for 4-5sets of 5 reps and one 20rep set with 205 and then the week after you could do 250-5lbs for squating and 210 for the 20rep set, just a suggestion, you don't want to peak too soon and after 8-9 week you would have put on40-80lbs on you squating

Top Bottom