Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Torrie's weightloss and Fitness Log...

Torrie

Hi Everyone! This will be my second attempt at keeping an online journal... I was on another site untill recently, but decided it wasn't really for me...
I read the welcome Sticky, and here is all of my info...

I'm 27
5'3"
168 pounds (down from 210)
I'm not sure about my bodyfat... my gym has a hand held one, and I just don't trust it... my body fat hasn't changed at all even after losing the 40 pounds, and gaining muscle
My goals are to lose some more weight and to gain strength... I basically just want to be as healthy and fit as I can be!

Here is a sample of my workout...
Monday- AM Cardio 30-45 min, 30 minute walk on my lunch break, Chest/Shoulder/Tri's
DB Chest press- 25x12, 30x12, 40x10x8
Machine Fly- 70x12x12, 75x12
DB shoulder press- 20x12, 25x12x12, 30x10
DP lat raise- 12x12x12x12
Tricep pull down with a rope- 25x12x12, 30x12
Skull Crushers- 40x12x12, 50x8, 40x15

Tuesday- 30 min walk at lunch
60 min intervals at the gym

Wednesday- 30 min walk at lunch, Back/Bi
Assisted Pull ups- -25x1, -30x1, -35x2, -40x4, -55x6...
Wide grip pull downs- 80x12x12, 90x12
T-bar rows- 45 lb plate x12x12x12
preacher curls- 40x12x12, 45x12
BB curls- 40x12x12, 50x12
Cardio 20-30 min

Thursday- 30 min walk at lunch
60 cardio at the gym

Friday- 30 min walk at lunch, Legs
BB Squats- 95x12x10 105x10
DB Lundges- 25x12, 30x12x10
Adductor- 120x12, 130x12x12
Abductor- 120x12, 130x12x12
calves 135x12x12, 150x12

Saturday- Cardio 60 min

Sunday-OFF

A sample of my diet...

8AM- 3 whites, 1 yolk, 1/2 whole wheat light english muffin
10:30- apple with 2 tbl All natural PB
12:30- salad with 8 shrimp, 2 tbls dressing, whole wheat pita
2:30- Light Activia yogurt
4:30- 1/2 cup Low fat cottage cheese with 1 cup mixed berries
6:30- Protein shake made with water
8:00- 6 oz Salmon, 1 serving brown rice, 1 cup steamed broccoli
at least 70 oz water a day...

I have been doing this for about a year and a half... I do stick to this plan most of the time... I hit a platue about a year ago, so I definitely have my moments of frustration and want to say forget it! I never really lose it at the gym... but my diet will suffer when i'm feeling frustrated. My biggest goal of this is to break through my plateu, I know that I can do this... I just have to stick to everything 100%
Thanks in advance to any advice!

Hi Torrie! Welcome to EF and congrats on your progress! Amazing!

RE: the handheld bodyfat thing at your gym - this probably a bioimpedance bodyfat measureing device - its not that they are "bullshit" - they just measure bodyfat by a different method than many people use and often refer to when discussing "bodyfat" - this is doing skin fold measures w / a pair of calipers. You can get your own pair and have a friend / SO / trainer / whoever do measures at 7+ points as well.

The diet looks pretty good - I'd suggest, if you haven't, put it into a food counts program like www.fitday.com (free, online, easy to use)- once you load up your meal plan it will tell you your total cals & macronutrient ratios - % protein , % fat, % carbs - this will help point out any shortcomings or issues in your diet as well as a baseline to make changes around if you are at a plateau.

Training also looks good as well - have you been able to make increases w/ those weights - i.e. increase in strength? and how often do you change it up? Again - looking for places to make changes to spur more changes.

And not sure about cardio yet - seems like a lot but maybe not.

Anyway welcome to EF and look forward to your log!

Thanks both!
Sassy69... to answer some of you questions... I do use fitday.com, I haven't used it in a few weeks, because my diet has been slacking big time! I forgot to mention that I have a doctors appointment with an endocronologist on May 29th to look at my metabolism and stuff like that... and until then, I have been kind of taking it easy. and the funny thing is, since I stopped obsessing over my diet, I've lost a couple of pounds! go figure! anyways I know it's a lame excuse, but I feel like my motivation will kick in again after my appt.
I appreciate the feedback and am definitely looking forward to more!

At the gym...
Assisted pull ups- -30x1, -35x3, -50x6, -70x12x12
Widegrip Pull downs- 80x12x12, 90x12
Rows- 70x12x12, 80x12
Preacher curls- 45x12x12x12
Hammercurls- 20x12x12x12

Cardio- 30 min interval on the treadmil, 10 min bike
30 min walk at lunch

I'm wondering if maybe i'm in a wrong forum? I know this site also deals with steroids... do you have to use them to keep a journal here?? Other sites just bother me because I find it is mostly very young girls that seem to have eating disorders and very low self esteem, and I have a hard time getting any feed back or relating to any of them! I know I am in this more to lose weight, but I also want to gain muslce...

Torrie said:
Thanks both!
Sassy69... to answer some of you questions... I do use fitday.com, I haven't used it in a few weeks, because my diet has been slacking big time! I forgot to mention that I have a doctors appointment with an endocronologist on May 29th to look at my metabolism and stuff like that... and until then, I have been kind of taking it easy. and the funny thing is, since I stopped obsessing over my diet, I've lost a couple of pounds! go figure! anyways I know it's a lame excuse, but I feel like my motivation will kick in again after my appt.
I appreciate the feedback and am definitely looking forward to more!

Can your doctor get an RMR reading for you? The other gals can give better advice than I can, but my take on it is that your body has put on muscle - you need a higher maintenance calorie level - the calorie level that you could lose fat on to start with is now TOO LOW to lose anything on b'cause it triggers 'starvation hormone' system. Your RMR will tell you that though.

:wavey: Welcome to EF!!

and you certainly don't have to use steroids to be here....

Thank you everyone... well I had my Doctors appointment yesterday... She took some blood, was suspicious of my thyroid being high, and I'll be getting my burn rate tested on tuesday... she said most likely that will be low... I hope not, because I can imagine that is hard to bring up!
Anyways... I the gym was closed on Monday, and I lounged by the pool all day anyways!

Tuesday...
30 Minutes of Cardio

Smith Machine Incline Bench- 20x12, 40x12, 50x10x9
Smith Machine Sholders- 30x12, 40x12x12
Skull Crushers- 40x12x12x10
Side Lat raise- 12x12x12
Supersetted with incline chest fly- 15x12x12

Wednesday (5/30/07)

10 min elliptical
10 min stairstep
10 bike
10 min run 1 mile