Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Something seriously wrong with my diet!

hayrab

Ok, Im 6'5 300 and Ive been working my ass off for 2 weeks in the gym and on a diet that people here ont he boards are telling me doesn't even have enough calories yet Ive gained 10lbs. Any idea whats going on?

Diet

Breakfast 9:00am(before workout): 2 egg whites hardboiled, oatmeal/or cereal, fresh vegetables, lots of vitamin supplements.

Lunch 1:00pm (after workout): whey protein shake( 1 banana, mixed fruit, 1 tbl spoon flax oil, 8oz 1% milk) with some more vegetables or fruit thrown in for hunger factor.

Mid day 4:00pm (lunch break at work): can of lite tuna fish, chicken breast

Supper 9:00pm (after work): usually some kind of chiken salad, chicken something or something with cod.

My workout is 6 days a week with 30 mins of cardio before each workout.

How the hell am I gaining weight?

Thanks,
Harb

Dude,

You are going 5 hours between your last two meals, and then you are going to sleep I assume like three hours later. First of all, I am sure you have heard the steam engine analogy. IF you put a lot of coal in at once and then leave it be, the fire doesn't stay hot and it takes a while for that coal to burn, however if you slowly feed it the engine burns up the coal instantly. So not only are you starving throughout the day, then after eating that meal at the end of day, you go to sleep<--(I am assuming since breakfast is at nine I figure you are going to sleep around 12 or 1 at the latest). Insulin spiking alert...

Secondly, (I know you love me right about now)
You are definitely not eating enough
:eek: :eek: at 6'5 300, so your body is on some sort of weird starvation mode, where your metabolism more resembles a constipated turtle rather than a locomotive steam engine.

So potential changes....

-One eat more protein and carbs in the morning
-make your last meal before 6pm if possible.
-And throw in that cardio before you eat anything
say around 8am then eat then lift when you get the chance

I go to work right after my workout so its kinda hard to get in a good meal after my cardio. I don't feel starved dunno why, and I don't get off work until 8:30pm its kinda hard to eat dinner at 6pm hehe any other advice?

Thanks,
Harb

1) Way too few calories (multiply 12xlbs as starting point).

2) Pick a nutrient profile and stick with it. i.e. ketogenic or isocaloric etc...

3) Most likely, combining what appears to be a relatively active lifestyle with a severe caloric deficit (for someone 6'5" and 300lbs) you are in deep starvation mode.

4) Get out of it as soon as possible or you will waste weeks if not months spinning your wheels.

easy my friend take out the cereal if you go with oatmeal use only water and then some milk 1/4 cup,take out the fruits and add one more meal and add a protein only shake like protein diet from optimum for dinner. Use multivitamins,glutamine,diet boost and cutsII. Also take out if you havent all starches like potatoes,rice,flour,bread,pasta,fruits,sugar,etc.this is why you need good strong multivitamin for men or for women they focus more on our need or womens needs. you'll see amazing results. This is my job.:)

Dude, eat 6-7 times each day. Try doing cardio and lifting on alternate days. If you have to do cardio on the same day as lifting, then do cardio in the morning ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. If you can't do that with your schedule, then do cardio AFTER lifting or you won't have the energy to get decent enough workouts to convince your body to spare your muscle and burn fat instead. Eat loads of protein and stay away from fruits and dairy. Train intensely as well. It's the key.

Top Bottom