Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lets jumpstart this forum's flatline- what's everyone's current pl routine look like?

Devastation

Plat Hero
Platinum
mine is

Monday
Bench day
warmup on bench - staying in competition form - High arch/elbows tucked
boards 5/4/3 depends which area's i feel needs work
---------
bench shirt work up to a heavy single, might go back down for a heavy triple
---------
zero momentum bench work - either green & purple band w/ chains or two green bands w/ chains

i rotate these three bench days depending where i am at, for a contest or how i feel

someday's i will also do rack lockouts

i then do for tri's
5 board lockouts with green mini's for extra resistance
chin crushers or jm press
db tri ext with red mini sometimes

i may or may not do 1 -2 sets of db hammer curls to end the workout

Wednesday
Back/Row day

bent over rows working up to a heavy 6 reps
pullups or pulldowns
db rows
tbar or chest supported rows or cable rows
shrugs

once or twice a month i will deadlift and/or rack deadlift
when i do i either work up to a heavy single or do a triple with bands

for this day i mostly stick to a bodybuilding type workout with most sets in the 6 to 10 rep range, still going as heavy as i can

Friday
Squat day

warmup squating
box squat sometimes with band resistance - sometimes i will throw on my squat suit and try for a near max attempt - or i will go for a heavy 3 rep good morning attempt
glute ham raise - which always kick my ass and are 100% essential for success in raising your squat imo
occasionally i'll do leg ext but it is getting less and less
finish with calf raises - seated and/or standing

somewhere during the week i will do weighted side bends for obliques, farmer's carry, and God forbid i may once in a while do situps on the decline bench

i have had the best results following this as compared to others i have had in the past. it is based on west side with a few other styles and elements thrown in. the one area i probably need work in is my cardiovascular. i get easily winded and should to some form of gpp training but can't seem to find the time

if anyone ever has any questions, or needs help with their workout, or is stuck at a weight in their lifting, i would be MORE than happy to help them figure their problem. i welcome any pm's about training, and like wasting time in C&C.

i strongly believe there is such thing as dumb questions, so do a bit of research yourself first. but after searching if you come up with nothing, PLEASE contact me or anyone you trust who may be knowledgable and able to help you. beginning pl's i would also suggest staying away from the training board, they will likely reference you to check out ronnie coleman's bodybuilding video for help. which it won't :)

now, what else are ef peeps doing?

I do a more Westside "style" Lower Program, and more MM "style" upper program... I have modified how I put them together based on trial and error, and trying to find WHAT WORKS FOR ME.... It has become a rare day I don't get at least a 5-10lb pr... I don't think this is because of my program specifically, but I have found a way to tailor it to me... and to constantly modify it based on my needs...

I usually start AND end the program with an ME lower day, and inbetween trainging cycles I take a 7-10 day layoff where I do NOTHING. I am natty, so the timing and length of the rest periods are big time important for me....

My ME lower day consists of TWO ME movements... Depending, the movements might change from time to time (maybe switch out rack pulls for something else, or maybe drop an excercise all together to concentrate on one thing - like not do GMs for an all out RDL day)

My Shirted Bench day varies the most tho, and really depends on what I feel I need to do that particular week....

I like to keep things simple and basic, work the main things as hard as possible, then get the hell out of there...

I am thinking of doing pulldowns/rows on my ME/DE leg days similar to Chuck V (it does make sense the more I think about it) but those days are packed as it is already...

As far as cardio/gpp goes, I will hit the sled or whatever my buddies are doing that day on DE day.... Sometimes I will work in sprint work, but this is pretty much only maybe the first couple training cycles after I come back after laying off after a meet.

I do a couple things different, like sprint work early and jump work, because I might want to throw again in the spring when I become eligible for masters track and field (age 30 to compete)

I am always happy to answer any questions for anyone

Lower ME -
Wk 1-GM then RDL - 3RM or 2RM
Wk 2-SQ then Rack Pull - 3RM or 2RM
Wk 3-GM then RDL - 1 RM
Wk 4-SQ then Rack Pull - 1RM
-Accessory work varies - GHR, Ham Curl, Rev Hyper, 45 ext, Grip work, Weighted Abs - I usually do LESS accessory work on this day...
-Depending on the week - where I am at/what kind of results I am getting, sometimes I will drop the pulls after a 1RM SQ and add in some jump work, like jumps up to a 24-40 inch platform... Or maybe lateral jumps over a 12-20 inch barrier, or maybe drops off a low platform (6-18 inches) to maximal vertical jump. If you do not have experience with this, it can majorly fuck you up, ask how to approach it before you start implementing this.... I have been doing this for a while and can jump up to a 27-30in platform landing with legs straight pretty easily....(basically, that is my standing vertical-I don't need to bend my knees to get up to it) The work load is light and maximum intensity - maybe like 5-10 sets of 2 reps

Bench Raw -
Wk 1-3RM, Maybe also 1RM Raw w/doubled bands/chains, or OHP to 2RM
Wk 2-2RM, Maybe also 1RM Raw w/doubled bands/chains, or OHP to 1RM
Wk 3-1RM, Nothing else
-Accessory work - Pulldowns/Rows/Chins/Face pulls, Maybe some DB press, I try to keep accessory work LOW, and let the tris rest for the other bench day... Concentrate mostly on the bottom of the lift

Lower DE -
Wk 1-3 We vary the weight, and amt of weight vs bands and chains... I usually just do whatever my buddies are doing on this, they dictate the chains/bands amt and just adjust amt of straight weight for me
-Accessory work varies - GHR, Ham Curl, Rev Hyper, 45 ext, Grip work, Weighted Abs - I usually do MORE accessory work on this day...
-Sometimes here I will just get in and hit some squats up to 85% or so for 1R to activate, then go out and hit jump work instead of the DE work, then come in and hit my accessory work - NOTE: I will NEVER do jump work 2x in a week, or do jump work later the week of the maximal SQ workout...

Shirted/Top Bench -
Wk 1-3RM, Shirted and/or varying boards
Wk 2-2RM, Shirted and/or varying boards
Wk 3-1RM, Shirted and/or varying boards
-Sometimes I will do full shirted... sometimes shirted with boards.... Sometimes I skip the shirt and just go nuts on raw boards alone...depending on my needs and where I am weak/failing.
-Sometimes when I start out with shirted, I will hit raw boards after, sometimes not, depending on my needs and where I am weak/failing.
-Accessory work - Pulldowns/Rows/Chins/Face pulls... Maybe some front raise every now and then....

Re: lets jumpstart this forum's flatline- what's everyone's current pl routine look l

im running a 5x5 routine while not a pure powerlifting routine i like the combo of strength and size..i couldnt imagine any routine though without squatting or pulling..i dont do 5x5 for back though as im trying to increase my power off the floor and try to gear my routine towards building a better DL..call me crazy but i jsut dont get psyched up for benching lol i know its crazy but im making progress..
mon:
squats 5x5
front squats 3x8
sldl (50% of max DL) 3x8-10
ham curls
weighted back extensions
weighted abs

tues:
incline BB 5x5
flat dbell press 2x8
decline press 2x8
BB curls 5x5
seated dbell curl 3x8

wed:eek:ff
screw cardio im not cutting lol

thurs:
block pulls (2-6 inch blocks) 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps
chins 3 x8
BB rows 3x6-8
dbell rows 3x10
lat pulls 2x8
every so often ill do some shrugs
weighted abs

fri:
BB Front press 5x5
cable side laterals 2x10
reverse pec dec 2x10
CG bench 5x5
skulls 2x8-10
pushdowns (v-bar or rope) 2x10

Until 1/1/05:

MWF:
Deadlift
Pullups

TRS:
Clean and Press
Dips

Sunday:
1 arm snatch
Squat press
Over Head Squat

Re: lets jumpstart this forum's flatline- what's everyone's current pl routine look l

Sunday - Off

Monday - abs (am)

Tuesday - Heavy Pulls
1. Clean Deadlift + Shrug, 6 sets (straps on sets over 365#)
2. Hand Snatch, 4-5 sets
3. Weighted Chins, 3 sets
4. Apollo Axle deadlift hold, 2 sets
5. Bicep work, 6-8 sets

Wednesday - Heavy Push
1. Low Incline db press, 4 sets (1-6 routine)
2. Incline Hammer Strength Press, 4 sets
3. Flat or Incline 1.5 Flyes, 2 sets
4. Rack lockouts (bench), 6-8 sets
5. Incline db extensions, 2 sets

Thursday - off

Friday - Speed Pull
1. Deadlift off 3" platform, 10 sets of 1 rep (clean grip/no straps)
2. Hammer Strength Leg curl, 4 sets
3. Weighted Chins, 3 sets
4. Apollo Axle deadlift hold, 2 sets
5. Bicep work, 4-6 sets

Saturday - Shoulders
1. Rotator Cuff (currently 10 sets of 4-6 reps Shoulder Horn)
2. Seated db Military Press, 4 sets
3. Behind the head snatch grip military press, 3 sets
4. Underhand side laterals, 3 sets
5. Cable Front Raises, 2 sets
6. Calf work, 10-15 sets

Here's mine for now. Changes depending on what contest I am training for.

Monday-Push day
Push press or flat bench
Lockouts or chest press machine
Upright rows
Rear delts
weighted abs

Tuesday-squat
front or back or cleans
Cardio

Wednesday-pull
deads or rack pulls or hammer swivel deads
Shrugs

Thursday-back
iso-rows
high-rows
pulldowns or bench dumbell rows
abs

Friday-miscellaneous
leg extension
leg curls
leg press
calves
forearms

Weekends off for now, but will start doing even training soon.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I usually trained SQ & BP twice a week and DL once a week. Worked best for me.

Would like to post one of my programmes but the fucking translation...

Use a typical Westside type template until close to a meet. The I switch Bench work to more of a MM type training.

Monday ME Squat/DL
Rotate GM/Box Squat/DL variation every week
Hamstring Mvmt (Usually GHR)
Lower Back (RH or pull-thru)
Abs
Upper Back work

Wednesday ME Bench
Bench Movement
Tate Press
Lateral Raise
Lat movement

Friday DE Squat/DL
Box squat (3 week waves, straight weight, bands, chains)
GHR
RH
abs
upper back

Sunday
DE Bench
speed bench (same weight waving straight weight, bands, chains)
Tate press
lateral raise
lat work

Top Bottom