Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

It's go time, here is the plan.

opiemas

I am 20 years old, 6'3", 170lbs. I have been 'working out' for over a year now on and off, dropped 20lbs and then gained maybe 10lbs of muscle. I am in decent shape now but my bones and even my skin look like they were meant to have more muscle. Time to stop screwing around, i am tired of being skinny, bony, and flabby to top it off. I want to be 200lbs by fall. Here is the deal:

A shake 6-8 times a day, along with the normal skimpy breakfast, lunch and, dinner.

3/4 cup oats, 1 1/2 cup milk, 1 oz whey, 1 tbsp flax
Each shake should be 570cal. 17g fat, 68g carbs, and 45g protein.

Monday:
benchpress
wide grip benchpress
close grip benchpress
skull crushers

Tuesday:
squats
curls
pullups
grip and forearms

Wednesday:
deadlift
lateral raise
overhead press
rows

2 12 rep warm up sets and 2 6 rep sets to failure. 2 minutes in between sets. Thursday same as Monday, Friday same as Tuesday, Saturday same as Wednesday. Sunday off.

Should i space things out more? Take more breaks? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

you should really do a Mon,Wed,Fri or something liek that with only 3 workouts. space the workouts out over the week, let your body rest.

I am 20 years old, 6'3", 170lbs. I have been 'working out' for over a year now on and off, dropped 20lbs and then gained maybe 10lbs of muscle. I am in decent shape now but my bones and even my skin look like they were meant to have more muscle. Time to stop screwing around, i am tired of being skinny, bony, and flabby to top it off. I want to be 200lbs by fall. Here is the deal:

A shake 6-8 times a day, along with the normal skimpy breakfast, lunch and, dinner.

3/4 cup oats, 1 1/2 cup milk, 1 oz whey, 1 tbsp flax
Each shake should be 570cal. 17g fat, 68g carbs, and 45g protein.

Monday:
benchpress
wide grip benchpress
close grip benchpress
skull crushers

Tuesday:
squats
curls
pullups
grip and forearms

Wednesday:
deadlift
lateral raise
overhead press
rows

2 12 rep warm up sets and 2 6 rep sets to failure. 2 minutes in between sets. Thursday same as Monday, Friday same as Tuesday, Saturday same as Wednesday. Sunday off.

Should i space things out more? Take more breaks? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First of all, not a great routine-I think 6 days a week is a bit much unless you plan it the right way. Are you taking anything else? Maybe have a 3 day split like chest/shoulders/tris, legs/abs, back/bis.. And on chest day, instead of doing all those different types of the bench press, try doing something like weighted dips and incline DB Press- mix it up. You can also do something like a full body workout. What types of routines have you done in the past and what are your #s?

Second of all, it seems to me like your meals are complementing your shakes, and that your shakes are the staple of your diet. This should be the other way around- a shake is good to have post workout and once, maybe twice a day, but it has to complement the rest of your diet, which should contain things like fish, lean meat, oatmeal, eggs, milk, green veggies, fruits, water, etc. You aren't getting as much out of your shakes as you are from real food.

Staying natural until 21 at least. Maxes are 200lb bench, 160lb squat, 220lb deadlift, 40lb curl. I have never had a routine, or a diet.

Oats and milk are in the shake. I will make an effort to eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables, and eggs in the morning. Fish oil and flax should get me lots of good oils. Since i will be taking in massive amounts of protein i plan to drink plenty of water to protect liver/kidneys or whatever.

3 day split it is. I have no way of doing inclines or dips, so i will just switch up between close grip and skull crushers.

Thanks for the help.

First of all, not a great routine-I think 6 days a week is a bit much unless you plan it the right way. Are you taking anything else? Maybe have a 3 day split like chest/shoulders/tris, legs/abs, back/bis.. And on chest day, instead of doing all those different types of the bench press, try doing something like weighted dips and incline DB Press- mix it up. You can also do something like a full body workout. What types of routines have you done in the past and what are your #s?

Second of all, it seems to me like your meals are complementing your shakes, and that your shakes are the staple of your diet. This should be the other way around- a shake is good to have post workout and once, maybe twice a day, but it has to complement the rest of your diet, which should contain things like fish, lean meat, oatmeal, eggs, milk, green veggies, fruits, water, etc. You aren't getting as much out of your shakes as you are from real food

amen!

Staying natural until 21 at least. Maxes are 200lb bench, 160lb squat, 220lb deadlift, 40lb curl. I have never had a routine, or a diet.

Oats and milk are in the shake. I will make an effort to eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables, and eggs in the morning. Fish oil and flax should get me lots of good oils. Since i will be taking in massive amounts of protein i plan to drink plenty of water to protect liver/kidneys or whatever.

3 day split it is. I have no way of doing inclines or dips, so i will just switch up between close grip and skull crushers.

Thanks for the help.

with all do respect, i think you should do another program as the one you posted isn't too great. Training to failure on every lift every single session is a very bad idea, and also why can't you do dips or incline? You can't readjust your bench press or take 2 chairs and do dips? Also, instead of all the shakes i want to reiterate that you should not have them as often as you're having them.

Top Bottom