Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Eating before bed while cutting?

BSmooth

Who eats some kind of protein before they hit the sack? I usually eat a can of tuna, a shake, or just some cold cuts before bed. Should I continue doing this while I cut? I figure I can knock an extra 100-200 calories off my daily intake by cutting this protein out of my diet. However I'll only be getting .8g protein/lb instead of 1g protein per lb or so. By the way I'm also on Fina (winny soon too) so do I still need this extra protein?

I definitely think that you need something low-carb, high in protein before bed so that you don't go catabolic during the night and lose muscle. However, I wouldn't have a huge meal, just around 200-250 kcal or more depending on your bodywt. I like to have a low-carb. shake before bed.

i aint jokin

4burgers,3cereals,and cookies before bed but now ima be serious today and not eat no junk food:)

well thats not the problem man.
the prob is you got WAY to little protein in that diet bro.
You need 1.6-2.0g of prot while cutting to prevent muscle loss.
1g/pound is only for bulking.

Good luck

bro, you definately need the protein before bed
why you ask... because you need a Positive Nitrogen balance when you sleep.. this can be achieved by having protein (and only protein) before bed... actually I found that having protein b4 bed gave me better results in my cutting diet
My 2 cents
Mr.X:cool:

blood_drinker said:
well thats not the problem man.
the prob is you got WAY to little protein in that diet bro.
You need 1.6-2.0g of prot while cutting to prevent muscle loss.
1g/pound is only for bulking.

Good luck

Actually, you only need 2.0g/kg while on a restricted calorie diet, as per Nutrition textbooks. But, take that advice as you will.

And what's all this banter about "you must have protein before bed or you'll lose muscle!"? Do any available studies support this claim?

Top Bottom