Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique my woekout please

toughdawg

Critique my workout please

My stat's are:
5'7'' 168 about 10% B.F.

My diet consists of:

8:30 AM
Oatmeal (Quaker) mixed with Granola
Banana

11:00 AM
Lowfat Cottage Cheese

1:30 PM Turkey and swiss sandwhich, some pretzels

4:00 PM MEal Replacement (Cal. 290, Protein 43g, Carbs 25g)

6:00 or 7- Gym (depending when i get out of work. igf it looks like im going to be longer i take the meal replacement later)

8 or 9 (depending when i get home) Whey Protein shake.

9:30- Turkey and Rice. Or Chicken Burger, or Tuna and 3 Egg whites

11:00 Bed

Workout
Monday- Quad's, Hamstrings, and bi's
Squats
4 Sets 8 reps
Hack Machine
3 sets 10 reps
Deadlifts
3 sets 8 reps
Leg Curls
3 sets 10 reps
leg extensions
3 sets 8 reps

Bi's
Alternate dumbell
4 sets 8 reps
Preacher Curl
3 sets 10 reps
Seated Cable curls, with straight bar
3 sets 10 reps
Hammer Curls
3 sets 10 reps

Tuesday- Chest/ Calves
Dumbell Press
Flat-
6 sets pyramid to failure
Incline
5 sets- pyramid to failure
Underhand Cable Crossovers
3 Sets 10 reps
Incline Cable fly's
3 sets 10 reps
Flat bench Cable Fly's
3 sets 10 reps
Overhand Crossovers
3 sets 10 reps
Calves
Standing
3 sets 10 reps
Seated
3 sets 10 reps

Wed- off

Thursday Back/Tri's
Pullups
2 sets in front of neck
2 sets in back of neck
(10 Reps)
Wide Grip Pull Downs
3 sets 10
Close Grip Pull Downs
3 sets 10
Seated Rows
3 sets 10
Bent over rows
3 sets 10
Triceps
Reverse grip Bench press
4 sets pyramid to failure
Close grip
Pulldowns
3 sets 10 reps
Weigted dips
3 sets pyramid to failure

Friday
Dumbell Shoulder Press
Arnold press
3 sets of 10
Alternate dumbell press
3 sets of 10
Front cable lateral raises
3 sets 10 reps
Bent over revers fly's
3 sets of 10
Shrugs
3 sets of 10

Saturday/Sunday-Off

Thanks

Last edited:
heym you have a solid workout routine. I give props to anyone that has a diet to follow and a wokout to follow. I say youre doing fine, but if you want to step it up a notch workout on saturdays also, rest only twice a week, like sundays and wed. On saturdays maybe you could do like 45 mins of cardio, some abs and then call it a day. Just a suggestion, but keep upp the great work.

Looks fine. The only thing that would concern me is doing bi's after legs, then doing chest and calves the next day. After a hardworkout on legs I would be too gutted to do arms, then the next day the chest training would be adversely affected because my arms would be still too sore. I would do chest and bi's together and put calves in with the back workout and just train the legs by themselves.

You need to add some more protein in the a.m. maybe another protein shake or two and how about some tuna? Don't worry about fat, you need it to put on size so eat up.

As for your routine, four days a week is perfect for a beginner, which i'm assuming you are, try this instead:

Mon & Thurs:
Squats 2x20
LegPress 4x10
Stiff Leg Deadlift 4x10
Calf Raise 4x10
Bicep Curl 3x10
Tricep Pushdown 3x10

Tues & Fri:
Bench Press 4x10
Incline Press 4x10
Bent Row 4x10
Pulldowns 4x10
Shoulder Press 4x10

If your a beginner this all you need, work towards lifting some heavy weights, but with good form. Squeeze the muscles as you contract and hold the negatives. Your arms will grow as your bench press and back movements become stronger, so don't worry. It impossible to get 20inch arms without being able to bench at least 300lbs. So train hard and heavy.

Let me knoe if this suits you.
Stiff shit if it doesn't - BB is about sacrifice and determination.

Later
Mic

I don't see anything wrong training bis with legs. As long as it works for you. I never train my bis with my back, because by the time I'm done with my back routine, my bis are too fatigued. I do pull with my back, but a lot of stress still affects my biceps. And I believe the volume for biceps is too high. You don't need 13 sets to stimulate muscle growth. Today I had a great workout. I just stuck with the big basic exercises. Here's what I plan on doing this week.

Monday
Squats 1 x 20 reps to failure*
Bench Press 2 x 6-8 reps to failure*
Lat Pulldowns 2 x 6-8 reps to failure*
Hammer Strength Seated Rows 2 x 6-8 to failure*
Side Bends 2 x 15-20
Crunches 2 x 15-20

Tuesday
Grappling

Wednesday
Stiff-Legged Deadlifts 2 x 6-8 reps to failure*
Hammer Strength Shoulder Press 2 x 6-8 to failure*
Nautilus Side Lateral Machine 2 x 8-10
Barbell Shrugs 2 x 6-8 to failure*
Standing Calf Raises 2 x 12-20
Seated Calf Raises 2 x 12-20

Thursday
Martial Arts

Friday
Hanging Knee Raises 2 x 15-20
Cable or Machine Crunches 2 x 15-20
Standing Calf Raises 2 x 12-20
Seated Calf Raises 2 x 12-20
Back Extensions 1 x 10-15
Parallel Bar Dips (for Tris) 1 x 10-12
Barbell Curls 1 x 10-12
Wrist Curls 1 x 10-15
Wrist Extension 1 x 10-15

On Monday and Wednesday I take all of my compound movements to failure. But for smaller muscles like calves, abs, bis, tris I don't go to failure. I use a fixed weight. Just heavy enough to make it difficult. My arms get worked enough from my compound movements.

I like this routine. You don't have to follow this routine. I'm into martial arts, so I can't workout 4 times a week, doing 10-20 sets per body part and be able to finish a one hour long grappling session. Too hard and intense. I just read someone saying that you should do Squats and then leg presses. I don't see a point in doing both. I believe that Squats by far are more intense than leg presses, because Squats hit more than just your legs. You're also working your lower back and abs. If you go hard enough on squats, there's no need to do another leg exercise. I do not like hack squats, I believe they're bad for your knees. I can tell when I perform them, so much pressure is on my knees. Your diet looks very clean. I recommend eating some protein on your first meal. Take care man. I hope whatever you're doing is working for you. 10% bf? That's excellent bro. Keep up the good work.

thanks bro's.
I'm going to take more protein (another shake in the mornning). I think i'll still stay with legs and bi's. My arms are not bothered after a leg workout, and yes I do bust my ass with them. As for chest sore biceps, I feel, does not really alter may chest workout.
On saturdays maybe you could do like 45 mins of cardio, some abs and then call it a day. Just a suggestion, but keep upp the great work.

I will definately mdo this. I was planning on something like this, not sure if i was going to do it on Wed. or Sat though. Sat. seems better so I dont have two days in a row off.

Thanks Guys.

Mic said:
You need to add some more protein in the a.m. maybe another protein shake or two and how about some tuna? Don't worry about fat, you need it to put on size so eat up.

As for your routine, four days a week is perfect for a beginner, which i'm assuming you are, try this instead:

Mon & Thurs:
Squats 2x20
LegPress 4x10
Stiff Leg Deadlift 4x10
Calf Raise 4x10
Bicep Curl 3x10
Tricep Pushdown 3x10

Tues & Fri:
Bench Press 4x10
Incline Press 4x10
Bent Row 4x10
Pulldowns 4x10
Shoulder Press 4x10

If your a beginner this all you need, work towards lifting some heavy weights, but with good form. Squeeze the muscles as you contract and hold the negatives. Your arms will grow as your bench press and back movements become stronger, so don't worry. It impossible to get 20inch arms without being able to bench at least 300lbs. So train hard and heavy.

Let me knoe if this suits you.
Stiff shit if it doesn't - BB is about sacrifice and determination.

Later
Mic

Not a bad routine, pretty good advice except for the stuff about the bench press.

The stuff about the bench press is exactly right, and also holds for back and biceps.

I see all those nancy faggots in the gym that just train arms six days a week in hope of gaining massive guns. But its not going to happen. Its physically impossible. Your arms will not grow a millimetre until you start benching and rowing some heavy poundages. You cannot get enough overload on your arms by merely doing curls and pushdowns. They need the heavy compound exercises. This is where you should focus all your energy as a beginner. After a year or two of solid training, then worry about your arms and thats when they'll start to grow.

Later
Mic

Top Bottom