Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I overdoing it????

videoman

My workout has been like this for teh past 8 weeks. I am getting gains off of it and am always energized. Is this overdoing it? I just started a cycle of sus and dbol..

Mon and Thursday

Chest - Bench Press, Incline Press, Cable - 3 sets each/6-8
SHoulders - DUmbell Presses, Lat Raises - 3 sets each - 6-8
Back - Lat pulldown, rows, pullups - 3 sets each - 6-10
Tris - Sjull crushers, rope pulldowns, dips - 3 sets each - 8-12
Bis - Barbell curl, dumbell curls - 3 sets each - 8-10

Tues/Friday

Legs/Abs
Leg Ext
Leg Curls
Squats
Presses
Calf Raises
All 3 sets

By looking at the board it would appear this is overtraining. WOuld I get better results splitting this to one vodypart a week?

I started with a 3 day split and went to a 5 day split after 12 weeks. I got most of my gains on the 5 day split, training each muscle group once per week.

It seems to me you are training a little too long on Monday and Thursday, I counted 42 sets on your first day routine, that is WAY too many. How much time do you spend in the gym? If you are weight training for more than 90 minutes at a time you are training too long, unless you're on AS or have phenomenal genes. An intense workout should only allow you to train about 60 minutes with maximum intensity. Also - working your entire upper body on one day just isn't necessary, split your upper body routine into two days at least.

Your leg/ab day seems short enough, couldn't see what ab exercises you were doing though.

hardgainer (just trying to help out)

Thanks! I switched on MOnday to a better routine. I know do chest/tris on Monday, Back/Bis on Tuesday, Wed off, and Thursday Legs/Shoulders/Abs - How many days should I take off? When shoudl I start the chest/Tris again? Sat or Monday?

Thanks for the help. I am doing 13 sets for chest, 10 sets for tris, 12 sets back, 6 sets bis, 12 sets legs, 10 sets shoulders and abs I do crunches for 5 sets of 15 and dwcline sit ups 3 sets of 15.

videoman said:
Thanks! I switched on MOnday to a better routine. I know do chest/tris on Monday, Back/Bis on Tuesday, Wed off, and Thursday Legs/Shoulders/Abs - How many days should I take off? When shoudl I start the chest/Tris again? Sat or Monday?

Thanks for the help. I am doing 13 sets for chest, 10 sets for tris, 12 sets back, 6 sets bis, 12 sets legs, 10 sets shoulders and abs I do crunches for 5 sets of 15 and dwcline sit ups 3 sets of 15.

This looks much better, but I would start separating legs and shoulders so that you're doing shoulders on friday and legs by themselves on thursday. Then start it again (chest/tri's) on monday.

You're volume is fine especially since you are juicing...it won't be overtraining. Just keep eating lots of protein, complex carbs, and rest as much as you can.

Good luck. :)

Top Bottom