Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hams' Booty-Be-Gone Log

Hams

Hi everyone! I started a journal on this board almost two years ago when I was first getting into bodybuilding. I posted about a month before other things that I can't quite remember grabbed my attention. This time around I plan to be more consistent. Hopefully, you wonderful ladies will support me in that endeavor.

A little background.
I started lifting seriously in Dec. 2004 with a bodybuilding couple who nearly killed me with their super intense workouts despite the fact that they are 15 years my senior :). When I started training with them I was about 150 and 23-24% bf. When I stopped lifting with them in Aug. 2005, I was around 155 and 17-18% bf. Two short cycles helped with the recompositioning effort. I looked good and was really strong last year, but I was burned out and overtrained. I stopped lifting for awhile then started back half-heartedly and sporadically at the beginning of '06. I quit working out altogether early this fall. Moreover, my diet has been crapola for well over a year. Now I'm a white, fat, and pasty 173lbs at god knows what bf--I'm guessing 26-29%. Typical of a female, most of it lives on my ass and thighs. Oh yeah, and I'm 27 years old and not getting any younger. Height is 5'4" when I stand up tall.

The goals.
I started back at the gym about a month ago and have reclaimed some strength and fitness. I have no trouble getting to the gym now, pushing myself during my workouts, etc. My weakness is the diet, and so that's what I have to focus on. My goal is to lose 1-2lbs a week until I hit 150lbs. I suspect this will take anywhere from 12-22 weeks depending on how quickly I improve my diet. I would like to be at lower bodyfat than I was last year--14-15% would be ideal. I have no plans to do a cycle during this process. But once I reach 150, I will re-evaluate.

Why I'm here.
As I mentioned earlier, my weakness is my diet. I know this. I also know I need accountability, occasional support, and criticism from people knowledgeable in nutrition. This forum has got it all. Ya'll are AWESOME! My plan is to post my diet every day and my workouts. Hopefully, after four or five months, my booty will be gone and I'll post some pics. My 10 year reunion is next year (omg, am I that old already??), so I better hustle! Thanks everyone!

Hams said:
My 10 year reunion is next year (omg, am I that old already??)

Ahhh, shaddup young'un. :)

Good luck. Good idea on re-evaluating goals as you reach certain places in your journey. A fotness plan is ever-evolving from day to day. You have to have a plan, but also have to know that the plan is not set in stone. Baby steps.

Posting diet really helps with accountability. It is a lot easier to say no to something when you know you have to either 1) lie and leave it out (invoking guilt, lol) or 2) post it up for everyone to see. Overeating or eating crap is easier when done "in private" - subcounsciously, it doesn't seem real if nobody knows you ate it. At least, for me. :)

Are you going to use FitDay? It helps you figure out ratios and helps you see what your diet breakdown is. It is really great.

Daisy_Girl said:

Good luck. Good idea on re-evaluating goals as you reach certain places in your journey. A fotness plan is ever-evolving from day to day. You have to have a plan, but also have to know that the plan is not set in stone. Baby steps.

Posting diet really helps with accountability. It is a lot easier to say no to something when you know you have to either 1) lie and leave it out (invoking guilt, lol) or 2) post it up for everyone to see. Overeating or eating crap is easier when done "in private" - subcounsciously, it doesn't seem real if nobody knows you ate it. At least, for me. :)

Are you going to use FitDay? It helps you figure out ratios and helps you see what your diet breakdown is. It is really great.

Both y'all shut up - my 25th reunion is 2008. Jeez. :rolleyes:

Welcome to log world & your first step to new you!

Daisy_Girl said:

;)

Daisy_Girl said:

Right on, Daisy. You know exactly what I'm talking about. :)

Daisy_Girl said:

Wow, I just logged on to Fitday after a loooong absence. They've made some nice upgrades to the program. There's even stuff I saved from the last time I used it. So, yeah, I think I'll work with fitday, since it seems to be the most efficient diet-tracking program out there. I also like the USDA search software because it has practically every consumable item known to humanity in its database.

Sassy69 said:
Both y'all shut up - my 25th reunion is 2008. Jeez. :rolleyes:

Welcome to log world & your first step to new you!

Thanks, Sassy! You're aging like fine wine...instead of moldy cheese. ;)

Hey everyone, thanks for the good luck and well wishing!

It's late and my booty needs to be in bed, but before I drift off to the land of Nod, I'll post up diet and workout.

Workout
None. Today was a rest day.

Diet

11:30am--late first meal because I sleptto 1030...and it felt gooooood
6 egg whites
1 yolk
1/2c oats (I eat 'em raw)
1/2c homemade yogurt from skim milk (I know I better cut out dairy soon)
2tbsp picante sause on the eggs

2:30pm
double protein shake (Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey)
a lot of water

4:30pm--at a christmas party hovering around a big table full of all kinds of chocolates, cream sauces, and other fatty-bo-baddy delectables, and what do I have?
about 1 cup of asparagus
3-4 carrot sticks

7:30pm--at Polvo's, a fine mexican restaurant
8-10 tortilla chips
mole sauce
fish fajita (a big piece of snapper grilled--maybe 6-8oz--and a bunch of grilled vegetables)

1030pm
double protein shake
7 raw almonds
alot of water (over a gallon today total)

Need more calories in the form of protein. Sleepy. :yawn:

Top Bottom