Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Staying at the same weight but trying to increase reps...a good idea?

InTraining

In the next week or so I will get to where I plateaued on the incline and I'm pretty sure I'll hit it for an easy 3x5

What I would like to do is eventually bring my reps up to 8 for 3 sets...the way I will do this is try to increase by one rep for every week, for instance
3x5 then 3x6 3x7 etc. until 3x8

Is this a good idea or am I sure to plateau? Should I just drop the weight down to where I know I can get 3x8 now and try to increase once I get all the reps?

give it a try!! cant hurt..you may not be able to get 1 rep each week..ive been doing something similar after inlcine 5x5 i hit flat dbells but still stick to 5 reps..i want to get 2 sets of 5..mind you this is 3 weeks in a row now i get less reps on the first set than i do on the second taking just about the same amount of rest.(4 reps on the first 6 reps on the second) yes that is an average of 5 lol..i have increased this from 3 reps though.. 130's no spot ( hate when people dont know how to spot)..so it can work..also dont be afraid to go the other way and lighten up which is some thing i will try next squat session..

I wouldnt do that. If you want to get past a plateau- keep your reps the same & try heavy negatives, partial reps & static holds. Your basically looking to train your CNS to handle heavy loads.

MsBeverlyHills said:
I wouldnt do that. If you want to get past a plateau- keep your reps the same & try heavy negatives, partial reps & static holds. Your basically looking to train your CNS to handle heavy loads.

I will do a static hold at the end of my last set..thanks for the idea! ;)

Top Bottom