Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Routine for female friend...look it over.

Its a very basic routine, but she is trying to lose 30 lbs and I agreed to train her. She has only been diong cardio up to this point, and only plays with weights once a week or so, and does not know what she is doing. This is what I am giong to have her do for the next 3 weeks, and then adjust it every three weeks. I'm just trying to help her gain a couple lbs of muscle, and get her metabolism up so that she can burn fat faster. Will work on lower reps, more elaborate routines, supersets etc when she is closer to her goal and has learned the basics.
Workout #1 (Monday & Thursday)

-Bench press-. 12 reps x 3 sets. Rest 60 seconds between sets.
-Seated dumbbell shoulder press-12 reps x 3 sets. Rest 60 seconds between sets
-Barbell row. 12 reps x 3 sets.- Rest 60 seconds between sets
-Seated, behind the head triceps extension- 12 reps x 3 sets. Rest 60 seconds between sets
-Standing barbell curl- 12 reps x 3 sets. Rest 60 seconds between sets

Workout #2 (Tuesday & Friday)

-Barbell squats- 12 reps x 3 sets. Rest 60 seconds between sets
-Stiff-legged deadlifts- 12 reps x 3 sets. Rest 60 seconds between sets
-Leg extensions- 12 reps x 3 sets. Rest 60 seconds between sets
-Standing calf raises- 12 reps x 3 sets. Rest 60 seconds between sets

She jogs, swims and uses the tredmill at the gym. I will rework her diet later. She is on weight watchers now... which I do not like, but she already paid for it.

Not bad...somewhat similar to what I actually do but I do 4 sets in a 12/10/8/6 pyramid (and I lift MWF alternating upper/lower body).

Love the straight leg deadlifts :) They are my favorite.

Just got done... she doesn't like the squats or stiff-legged deadlifts...but I told her they will help tone her ass... so she agreed to do them.

This is the routine I made for this girl I know
*note some of it was stolen from the women's forums on this board.

Sunday - OFF
Monday - Cardio 30min (or however long you want)
Tuesday - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Wednesday - Cardio 30min (or however long you want)
Thursday - Back/Biceps/Rear Deltoid
Friday - Cardio 30min (or however long you want)
Saturday - Legs, *maybe* 30min EASY walk outside

So far she likes it a lot, I didnt get exercise specific on this post but I recommended that she do sets of 10 and 8 to failure.

But your workout looks good, a nice amount of volume. She'll see results no matter what she does if she's new to the game.

UA_Iron said:
This is the routine I made for this girl I know
*note some of it was stolen from the women's forums on this board.

Sunday - OFF
Monday - Cardio 30min (or however long you want)
Tuesday - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Wednesday - Cardio 30min (or however long you want)
Thursday - Back/Biceps/Rear Deltoid
Friday - Cardio 30min (or however long you want)
Saturday - Legs, *maybe* 30min EASY walk outside

So far she likes it a lot, I didnt get exercise specific on this post but I recommended that she do sets of 10 and 8 to failure.

But your workout looks good, a nice amount of volume. She'll see results no matter what she does if she's new to the game.

Well bere in mind that she does not workout... so sets of 8 to failure is a bit much for her first month or two. I'm giong to change her routine every 3 weeks, slightly.

Top Bottom