Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best sets and reps for dropping weight

packers6211

I'm 5'5 and weigh 245. Last year I was at 290 so I have lost a lot of weight since then by changing my diet routine and the complete way of eating. I currently train 5 days week with reps at 8 reps for usually 3 sets per exercise. I've seen many say to do high reps and low weight and then some say for me to do 6-8 reps to bulid more muscle to burn more fat. I've even heard of the 5x5 routine. I eat clean but very hard for me to do both cardio and lifting in the same day with working 10 hr shifts and two boys in baseball all week long. I get a good lifting workout, and although i'm seeing size and def in arms and shoulders, the area's of my chest, sides, and stomach are having so much problem's losing bf. I need to be around 185-195.

just keep going the stomach is the last place youll lose it . as for reps n sets imo keep your training the same (this is what i do when dieting) intensity and weight on the bar dont be tempted to drop the weight on the bar to get the reps in keep training as if you are trying to gain . hi reps n low weight for CUTTING and DEFINITION is back from some of idiots from late 80's n early 90's . 5x5 works quite well for fat loss . dont worry too much about cardio , as has been said many times before (and in my experience) you can and will lose fat without cardio but it does help speed things up a bit its diet n weight training/the amount of lbm that are the main controling factors for fatloss . you might take a look at IF as during the fasted period (after the 12/13 hour mark) simply walking and being active will increase the release of fat for fuel .

Top Bottom