Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Time crunch...which do you choose?

tbuzzell

Hi there ladies (and gents),
I would like your opinion on choosing between cardio and weights. I teach spin once a week and pilates twice a week and that leaves me with three other days to workout. On some of these days I can only do cardio or weights.

Mostly, I do weight training because I absolutely hate doing cardio (except Spin class). I have heard so many different opinions from trainers, group instructors and gym goers that I am a little confused on what to choose.

Tracy

tbuzzell said:
Hi there ladies (and gents),
I would like your opinion on choosing between cardio and weights. I teach spin once a week and pilates twice a week and that leaves me with three other days to workout. On some of these days I can only do cardio or weights.

Mostly, I do weight training because I absolutely hate doing cardio (except Spin class). I have heard so many different opinions from trainers, group instructors and gym goers that I am a little confused on what to choose.

Tracy

My first love is weights; second is cardio b/c I have to do it..
Besides you can look much better doing weights. If you only did cardio, you wouldn't look so good.. and I'm being kind..

thandie said:
My first love is weights; second is cardio b/c I have to do it..
Besides you can look much better doing weights. If you only did cardio, you wouldn't look so good.. and I'm being kind..

I 100% ABSOLUTELY agree.

Plus definition in a woman is a gorgeous thing :) Much better than just skin & bones.. YECCCK :p

What is your goal? I think that should answer your question.

If you want to build more muscle and shape your physique then do the weights.

If you want to just stay lean and have a softer body then stick to the cardio.

Do what you love. But you are already doing lots of cardio in the spinning class.

BIKINIMOM said:
Too much cardio WILL lead you down the path of *skinnyfat*.

Period.

The answer is clear.

LOL, I didn't want to put that...cause I know there are some die hard cardio fans out there and they do it for the love of the sport. But I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!

Thanks for your insight ladies. My goal is to lose about 5% body fat. I am muscular by nature. My body responds very well to all types of exercises and seems like it is effortless to put on muscle. All the ab work I do is Pilates and I have a six pack and I leg press 70 lbs and my quads explode. All I want to do it lose that last little bit of body fat so my butt won't giggle. LOL I am not sure if I should do more cardio or lift more weights.

Diet, well, I have taken several sports nutrition classes and I am hypoglycemic from a mild heart condition. If I cheat I will crash so I keep myself in check. I do high protein and moderate carbs to keep my blood sugar level in check and I also eat plenty of healthy fats.

I love you ladies here at EF and thanks again for your info.

Top Bottom