Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

superset pre-exhaust

Liberator

Which is the best method of pre-exhausting for chest?

I have tried both methods,

Ive tried doing 2 sets of flyes, not involving forced reps, then done the presses, but the 2nd and 3rd sets of presses seem easier than the first set, so Ive tried going heavier on the flyes and its the same (I am trying to fail at 10reps first set, 8 second and third, NOT 6reps first set then do 8 second and third if you get me!)

So I tried doing 1 set of mod heavy flyes for 20 reps, then immediately doing 1 set of barbell presses, resting then flyes then barbell again, 3rd set would just be barbell. This seems to work best cuz it is difficult all the way through. I also applied this to my squatting (with leg extensions), and I got the biggest mother of ache/pain ever all week. I suppose this is kind of supersetting, but it seems to work alot better.

I know the pecs recover 50% of there strength within 10-12secs of flyes, so I get on the barbell as quick as possible, I also use a wide grip to take out tris and use strict form. I go heavy as form will allow. Keep shoulders back and down etc.

I am trying to isolate the chest and take away shouldesrs/tris as much as possible.

Thanks

When you experiment like this make sure you mark down what you did, and the results that it produced, soreness, pump... This will help you design your next routine in a few months or so.

When it hurts all week, you know you're doing it right! I think you've got a good approach going. What we do for "shock therapy" is to reverse the whole chest workout, doing all the movements in reverse order. We start off with a finishing-type super-set, like flyes and pec dec. Then work our way through and end up with bar bench press, kinda embarassing if someone walks in and sees us struggling with light weight. But like BA69 said, if it works for you, it works. Experiment and find out what's best for you.

yes definately

ive still got the soreness in my legs from tuesday now!!
they look like they had pumped up twice the size

what i want is this feeling with my chest, it seems to recovery after one day, two at the absolute max, all the soreness goes, i'm still having trouble getting a spot so i think thats the problem. i WILL get one MONDAY, if not I will sub Dumbells for Bar. Ive got the shape in my chest just not the mass, will pre-ex get this as it seemingly has worked wonders for my back? I keep feeling like I am missing out by not doing flat and incline barbell in the same workout without pre-ex, but I know dips are better. But then my back is superb, and my legs are looking pretty good now too.

Anyway, I added flax as you said and have gone up to 196.75lbs now, so its working for now, as a rule how long should I wait before adding more calories if I think I am not gaining, is 2 weeks long enough or would a month be more realistic? Obviously 4,500cals is a ceiling.

I am kind of looking forward to doing a cutting cycle, but it seems this is going to be at the end of summer, but that doesnt matter its the science behind it I am interested in and how it works.

BigAndy, your help is golden. Ive done lots of searches for correct form, this website is so damn helpful its hard to believe.

Thanks alot

power-builder

Ive never thought of doing that, i will give it a try, thanks

as i said i am getting the least amount of soreness in my chest, all other body parts burn for a damn long time (but recover well before i train them again of course), this is what i am after, one day of soreness is useless

ive got to get a spotter or use bells

Top Bottom