Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Strong Lift 5x5. Clark

If its the big bar, Oly bar I believe its 45 Lbs, at least mine is. So you were rowing 105 Lbs. Nice bro!

Zed clear this up for me bro. Maybe I missread Mehdi statind to only add 10lbs to the deads. I certainly do not want to be posting incorrect info. But adding 10lbs to your squat and squatting 3 times a week is going to get heavy fast and your deadlift will not catch up?

I just added 10 lbs every other workout to squats. Guess this way would have made more sense lol

Workout B (4th Workout) 11-6-2011

Supplements:
1 ½ scoops: N2KTS
3 Pills: Ancient Strength

Squat 5x5 (60 pounds)
Another good squat session. Had great positioning the entire time. Getting much easier to do this technique wise. Once again, love to see the bar getting heavier.

Overhead Press 5x5 (50 pounds)
Brought it down to the chin like Zed suggested. Didn’t tire my arms out as much like last time but I still felt some resistance towards the end.

Deadlift 1x5 (100 pounds)
Nice positioning. Paced myself. Great workout.

Post-Workout:
1 Glass Whey Protein
2 Pills Ancient Strength

Notes: Great workout. At the end I went on another machine to test some chest exercises real quick. Don’t want to get in the habit of adding exercises but I felt pumped and wanted to jump on.

Questions: None this time.

Thanks all

P.S Thanks for the clarification Zed. Take care bro.

Good workout bro. Fine for now to add on if you feel like it. But when you move on up in weights I think you prolly wonr wanna.

Workout A (5th workout 11-8-2011) 6:36a.m-7:06 a.m
Supplements:

Squat 5x5 (65 pounds)
Went quick. Have to resist the urge to add weight. I feel like it would be right to start out at nearly double this weight. But I’ll be patient and just wait until that comes.

Bench Press 5x5 (55 pounds)
Another exercise that feels more like a slight warm up. But after reading everything I have I understand it’s important to start from the bottom. I just hope that the ease in which I am doing these exercises does not hinder the results that I want to get.

Barbell Rows (125 pounds [Fail])
For not paying attention to the weight that I was grabbing instead of picking up 2 25 weights I picked up 2 35’s. Did about 15 pounds extra but it felt good. Was some strain but I was able to finish my sets. The last however I did begin to feel the strain.

Notes: Good workout but it felt very rushed. I do have to head to classes about an hour and a half after this workout but still I felt like I am going through this way too fast. I do work up a sweat but even adding on exercises this only takes me around 30-35 min. Feels like something is off. Nevertheless I have committed to seeing this out to 12 weeks at the very least and I will complete that.

Workout A (5th workout 11-8-2011) 6:36a.m-7:06 a.m
Supplements:

Squat 5x5 (65 pounds)
Went quick. Have to resist the urge to add weight. I feel like it would be right to start out at nearly double this weight. But I’ll be patient and just wait until that comes.

Bench Press 5x5 (55 pounds)
Another exercise that feels more like a slight warm up. But after reading everything I have I understand it’s important to start from the bottom. I just hope that the ease in which I am doing these exercises does not hinder the results that I want to get.

Hey bro, I know it really is dam hard and takes a lot of dicipline not to add to the weights. But as I have said so many times. Just follow the program. You are doing just fine. Way way better to extend the program a couple of week then to stall out too early. You have parked your pride at the door and I compliment you on that cuz that is a dam hard thing to do. So you just keep on like you are. In the end you gonna be much better off. Also these light weight also give your connective tissues time to get used to the increasing weight. So you are prolly preventing injuries too bro.

Barbell Rows (125 pounds [Fail])
For not paying attention to the weight that I was grabbing instead of picking up 2 25 weights I picked up 2 35’s. Did about 15 pounds extra but it felt good. Was some strain but I was able to finish my sets. The last however I did begin to feel the strain.
Next time just go back to the weight that you should be using for that workout. Like as if you had used the right weight this time bro.

Notes: Good workout but it felt very rushed. I do have to head to classes about an hour and a half after this workout but still I felt like I am going through this way too fast. I do work up a sweat but even adding on exercises this only takes me around 30-35 min. Feels like something is off. Nevertheless I have committed to seeing this out to 12 weeks at the very least and I will complete that.
You should be doing all of these slowly with form as the goal for now with these lighter weights bro. So slow going up and very slow on the neg on all of em. Like I said adding extra for now is fine. But what I would do is add on sets of what your doing, not add in diff excersizes. To me that just makes more sense. Again its about conditioning your connective and soft tissues for the really heavy weight that is to come. This is prehab bro!

Workout B (6th workout 11-10-2011) 6:50a.m-7:25 a.m

Had to do this work out in reverse. Guy was just taking way too long in the squat rack.

Supplements:
2 Scoops: N2KTS

Deadlift 2x5 (110 pounds) Added another set
Went well. Focused on positioning a lot and paced myself well.

Overhead Press 6x5 (55 pounds)
I can see this exercise become challenging very fast. In the last set my arms begin to get tired. Really need to focus on letting myself rest between sets.

Squat 5x5 (70 pounds)
Another good exercise. Positioned well, paced myself and remembered to control my breathing.

Notes: Good workout. Took my time more and took 15-25 second breaks between sets as my arms became to get heavier. Might change my routine though so that I am in the gym at 6:00 am instead of 6:30 in order to compensate for unexpected situations like people using the equipment that I need to jump on.

Thanks Zed for those words man. And what you said about this is to build my body up for the real work makes total sense. A month from now I’ll be wishing I could do what I did today. Thanks for all the advice bro.

"A month from now I’ll be wishing I could do what I did today. Thanks for all the advice bro."

Nah bro, you will be so psycked up by the amount that you are working out with that you will wanna be right back in the gym the very next day my good man!

Workout A (7th Workout 11-13-2011) 7:00-7:40
Supplements:
2 Scoops N2KTS

Squat 5x5 (75 pounds)
Went by smooth and took my time with it. Still need to work on controlling breathing though. Forget all about it sometimes when I begin.

Bench Press 5x5 (60 pounds)
Went well. Always making sure that I keep that arc in my back,

Barbell Rows 5x5 (110 Pounds)
This is going to get heavy fast but is still one of the more enjoyable workouts.

Post workout: 1 Cup Whey Protein

Notes: Surprising how a couple of weeks back these workouts were totally alien to me and now I am perfecting my technique on each one of them. This is only the beginning and I look forward to what’s too come.

Nah bro, you will be so psycked up by the amount that you are working out with that you will wanna be right back in the gym the very next day my good man!

already feeling it man. Constantly wanting to beat what I did the previous workout now.

Top Bottom