Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Strong Lift 5x5. Clark

No add 10lbs each time on deads. 5lbs to squat each time and on OHP. That way your squats don't out run your deads bro.

Gotcha. But today im starting out on 95 no?

Exactly! 25 on each side of Olympic bar. Also it is a good idea to lay a 25 or two on the ground underneath your weight set up so that your bar is at the right heigth. Once you work your way up to 45's on each side then there will no longer be a need for this.

Workout B (2nd Workout) 11-1-11 (736-8:10)

Supplements:
N2KTS- 1 Scoop
Ancient Strength- 3 pills

Squats 5x5 (50 pounds)
-Did a much better job at positioning. Thanks Zhed! Controlled breathing.

Overhead Press 5x5 (Empty Bar 45 pounds)
-Surprised me a bit that on the last rep my arms started to get tired. I am constantly
working out those muscles (or so I thought). With time though it'll get better. Really charged me that I'm starting to consider this as a challenge to myself instead of a simple "workout plan".

Deadlift 3x5 (Fail) (95 pounds)
-Need to pay closer attention to the instructions laid out. Did 3 sets before i recalled that the plan calls for one.
Anyways it served as practice for form. I'll remember next time to do 1x5.

5min cardio cool down (I can see this going away when Squats start to get more difficult)

2 Ancient Strength post-workout
Whey Protein mixed with water

Notes:
• Pay closer attention to what workout calls for
• Continue to control breathing
• Control the bar during Overhead Press

Questions: Did anyone else have to get used to the Overhead press? (Really pumped to see that improve)

Nah bro. You add 10 lbs to squat and deadlift. 5 Lbs to everything else. Enjoy!

Check up mark rippetoe vids, he shows decent ohp, helped me realize lots of its engaging and keeping your core tight or you'll ruin your back trying to lift the weight when it gets heavier.

Good to hear you're enjoying it man, what's your stats? Just out of interest :)

Nah bro. You add 10 lbs to squat and deadlift. 5 Lbs to everything else. Enjoy!

Zed clear this up for me bro. Maybe I missread Mehdi statind to only add 10lbs to the deads. I certainly do not want to be posting incorrect info. But adding 10lbs to your squat and squatting 3 times a week is going to get heavy fast and your deadlift will not catch up?

On your OHP, do not go lower then your chin and you do not need to fully lock out at the top. These are huge shoulder savers bro. Also you want to press from in front of your chin to just behind your head.

Workout A (3rd Workout) 11-3-2011

Supplements:
1 1/2 Scoops N2KTS
3 Pills of Ancient Strength

Squats 5x5 (55 pounds)
Squats went well. Wasn't sure how well it was going to go due to a bit of soreness in my legs but there was no trouble. Went to low a couple of times though

Bench Press 5x5 (50 pounds)
Good positioning. I’ve been wanting to get back to the bar for some time now so this is my most exciting part of this workout.

Barbell Rows 5x5 (??? Pounds)
So I reviewed what I was supposed to be using in order to due this exercise and I discovered I used the wrong equipment to do this. I used a curl bar that already had 95 pounds on it. Not sure how much weight that was but today I used the correct equipment and added 60 pounds. Seemed a bit heavy but I didn’t have to stress myself too much and stress out other areas in order to complete the lift. I would like to know however what the base weight of that bar is so I can know exactly where I am going.

Notes: Continuing to get used to gym life. Love waking up at 6am and being at the gym by 6:30. Really liking how I zone out when I get there as well. Before when I didn’t have a plan I would barley be focused on what I was doing.

Questions: What is the base weight of that bar?

Also thanks to all of you who are helping me out with this.

Top Bottom