Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Strong Lift 5x5. Clark

-Shazam-

Hey all. Well today I began my 5x5 workout so i'm gonna keep a log here about what I did. My first post might seem to lack info but with time hopefully I will add more details.

1st Workout A:
Supplements:
1 scoop N2KTS
3 pills: Ancient Strength

Squat 5x5- Empty Bar (45 pnds)
Went well. Need to review feet placement.

Bench Press 5x5- Empty Bar (45 pnds)
Went well. Keep in mind back placement. Making sure I am consistent in the speed with which I move the bar.

Barbell Rows 5x5- (95 pnds)
Make sure I do the correct rows. Did bent over and I believe the workout calls for doing it in a vertical position. Either way it felt great to workout that section.

Overall notes: Felt great to be at the gym at 6am. Felt a slight rush with N2KTS but I believe I can go to 2 scoops. Took 2 more AS after workout was done.

Warmed down with 5 min of cardio.

Workout time: 6:40am-7:20am

Notes:
Need to make sure I have a proper breakfast ready when I am finished. Really had to resist the urge to stop by Subway on the way back home and get something "healthy".

Questions:
Should I eat before or after I do this workout?

Goodluck with the program bro!
With the eating.. At 6 am it'd be preference.. Eating something 5 min before the gym then heavy ass weights doesn't always work out perfectly. Try get something small i to you atleast would be my guess. Then you're not running empty just on caffeine :)

Goodluck with the program bro!
With the eating.. At 6 am it'd be preference.. Eating something 5 min before the gym then heavy ass weights doesn't always work out perfectly. Try get something small i to you atleast would be my guess. Then you're not running empty just on caffeine :)

Thanks man. I think I'll eat something after. I don't want to be focusing on food before and like you said food and heavy weights wont mix. And I have a nasty habit of getting lazy after food but that probably has to do with the bad food that I was eating.

Hey all. Well today I began my 5x5 workout so i'm gonna keep a log here about what I did. My first post might seem to lack info but with time hopefully I will add more details.

1st Workout A:
Supplements:
1 scoop N2KTS
3 pills: Ancient Strength

Squat 5x5- Empty Bar (45 pnds)
Went well. Need to review feet placement.

Bench Press 5x5- Empty Bar (45 pnds)
Went well. Keep in mind back placement. Making sure I am consistent in the speed with which I move the bar.

Barbell Rows 5x5- (95 pnds)
Make sure I do the correct rows. Did bent over and I believe the workout calls for doing it in a vertical position. Either way it felt great to workout that section.

Overall notes: Felt great to be at the gym at 6am. Felt a slight rush with N2KTS but I believe I can go to 2 scoops. Took 2 more AS after workout was done.

Warmed down with 5 min of cardio.

Workout time: 6:40am-7:20am

Notes:
Need to make sure I have a proper breakfast ready when I am finished. Really had to resist the urge to stop by Subway on the way back home and get something "healthy".

Questions:
Should I eat before or after I do this workout?

Awsome bro!
Trust me you will be amazed at what this program is gonna do to the way you look and the weights you lift,

Good for you too that you are starting out within your limits. Dont worry about starting out too light. That way you are sure to progress throught the entire 12 weeks program, Again good for you for using your head and parking your pride at the door.

The rows are supposed to be bent over just like your doing.

Appreciate you doing a log on this bro looking forward to following along with you in your journy.
Best regards.

Subbing on this bro! This workout took my lifts through the roof. Listen to zed bro he knows his shit!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Hey bro keep this running man!!

On it bro. Today is my rest day. Tomorrow I go back at 6am. Uff woke up and my thighs were killing me. But if they wernt sore than I would have been doing something wrong.

Good to know that I'm doing that right barbells man thanks for that.

Actually kind of surprized that your that sore. Typically this kind of workout will not leave a person sore. Anyway...just go with it bro!
This is the kind of squat you wanna be doing bro.

Proper Squat Technique

That is perfect tecknique for the 5x5 squat. The only thin I would add is drop your pelvise just a little bit further then in that first pic. Thats just exactly how you wanna be looking tho.

Actually kind of surprized that your that sore. Typically this kind of workout will not leave a person sore. Anyway...just go with it bro!
This is the kind of squat you wanna be doing bro.

That is perfect tecknique for the 5x5 squat. The only thin I would add is drop your pelvise just a little bit further then in that first pic. Thats just exactly how you wanna be looking tho.

I think its due to the fact that
1) I was going way too low when I was doing my squats
2) Did 10 min of cardio afterwards that I probably shouldn't have done

Edit: Yeah I just tried to squat and it wasn't hard at all. So I think if any soreness is coming on its from the machines I was using for my cardio. Targeted some muscle I guess that I have worked on in a bit.

Quick question: As I start my second workout (Workout B) a I only adding 5 pounds to my squats or my deadlifts and overhead press as well?

Top Bottom