Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oops Has This Ever Happened To You

CrystalChick

I was doing decline bench presses the other night and well I had some weight on the bar and I couldn't get the bar back up...on my 4th set.
Thank God these two guys ran over and helped me lift the bar back up LOL ;)

CC

I saw this one guy go past concentric failure with no spotter :p ......I had to run over and pull up the bar for his ass. I always have a spotter if I'm going heavy or if I want to bring it close to failure.

Yikes! lift safe, there, girl!

And yes, it has happened to me. It was in the middle of my monthly iron deficiency, and I just about grayed out trying to get squeeze out that last rep.

Next thing I know, I got a couple guys over lifting the thing off, sitting me up, etc. The gym guy wanted to call an ambulance, blah blah blah. Finally they settled on making me sit in the office for a while before going home. How embarrassing. Like getting sent to the nurse's office in grade school.

That was a while ago, though. I take iron now, and I'm more careful, lol.

Wyst

Oh God, this has happened to me too...sooooo embarrassing! I was doing bench by myself (no spotter) and was going fo just ONE MORE rep...got it down, it was NOT coming back up.

Unfortunately, I was on the bench without the lower pegs, but fortunately some guys was watching me so he ran over to help.

my pride = :smash:

VDL

Yep, it's happened to me too. I usually train alone and rack the bar before failure, but this one time I was going great and then pffft, my arms turned to rubber w/o warning. I gently lowerer the bar and balanced it on my chest and rested for awhile. (It was only 95 lbs, and while that's heavy for me, it's not like I'd get the life crushed out of me.) It was a good wake-up call though - I'm using a spotter more often!

I had my bro-in-law spot me on DB presses the other day so I could try upping the weight a little bit...asked him to give me a little assist at the elbows if I stalled out and to help me lower them safely (dropping weights a big no-no round here)...he missed the cue and I nailed myself in the boob when the weight came back down (rubber arms like fossil said). Moral of the story: Always better to ask for the spot beforehand, but it doesn't necessarily help matters!

It's all good, and to hell with embarassment...work hard, just don't get hurt!

a ? about your choice of exercises

My question is this....Why are you doing decline? It is for lower pec. since you are a woman I would assume you have breasts. with that assumtion, I would say it would stand to reason that you will never see your lower pec. All the women i have trained for the last ten years have always done incline with a very occasional flat bench thrown in. just a thought. it is hard enough to make progress in this sport, may as well make every set count to the fullest

Re: a ? about your choice of exercises

Quadsweep said:
My question is this....Why are you doing decline? It is for lower pec. since you are a woman I would assume you have breasts. with that assumtion, I would say it would stand to reason that you will never see your lower pec....

I'm not the one you asked this question to, but I'll chime in, since I speak from experience. Now, just because it's a woman, you can't assume she has breasts. :biggrin:

99% of women who are extremely lean but don't have breast implants, will be seriously lacking in the breast department :bawling: .

I started doing declines to add something down there to cover up the nasty bones. :sick: It's definitely helped. My upper chest grows well, but adding declines, along w/ flat bench which I was already doing, my lower chest is catching up and looks much better, AND at least I can fill a B cup now. Doing declines has helped my overall strength, but the main reason I do 'em is for looks!

Re: a ? about your choice of exercises

Quadsweep said:
My question is this....Why are you doing decline? It is for lower pec. since you are a woman I would assume you have breasts. with that assumtion, I would say it would stand to reason that you will never see your lower pec. All the women i have trained for the last ten years have always done incline with a very occasional flat bench thrown in. just a thought. it is hard enough to make progress in this sport, may as well make every set count to the fullest

Declines are for the WHOLE chest. It is also quite possible that declines are a more efficient pec builder than flats.

Thank you sysopt.
The best demonstration I've ever read of the angles of pressing: if you raise your arms out in front of you at a similar angle as doing inclines, then flat bench, then declines, squeezing your chest the whole time, you can feel the areas of the pec that contract during those exercises. You can't feel a lot of difference between the flat and decline positions, but doing declines takes the delts out of the equation. Meaning more work for the pecs themselves.
Declines rule.

Top Bottom