Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New PR on flat bench

browndog1

I haven't done flat bench in about 3 months, for some reason I just like dumbbells a lot. Anyways, the last thing I did on bench was 315 for 2 with a spot. Well, today I tried again, and did 315 for 5 clean and the 6th with a spot. My best ever by far!!!

Went ahead and tried 365 just to feel the weight for the hell of it basically, and I got buried. I think I could have come close if I'd only done 1 rep with the 315. Maybe? I'll try in another month or so. By the way, I'm 6'5". (long arms)

...bd

i believe that it would be better to take smaller jumps in weight. Maybe instead of doing 315, try 325 or so and then jump to 365. Just a thought...works for me.

As a rule of thumb, you should be able to get 10lbs more for every rep.
Also there is a pretty decent rep calculator here:
http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html

These are both just "on average". I'm not saying it applies to every person and every lift. Also sounds like you shot your load on the 6 x 315.
BTW, good job,
Genarr3

Last edited:
Black Hamma said:
i believe that it would be better to take smaller jumps in weight. Maybe instead of doing 315, try 325 or so and then jump to 365. Just a thought...works for me.

i would have to agree with this my partner can do 315 for 8 reps then he jumps ups to 365 and can only do 1 i asked him serval times why he does this but get no answer .he is pretty short like maybe 5'6" or so .damn short people piss me off.

are you on any gear when you tried this .and where you on any 3 months ago ?

I've been on shit for the last couple of months. Test, dbol, fina. test was t200 for 6 weeks, then omnas at 1cc/EOD for 3 weeks, now back to t200 at 800mg a week. Fina was for 6 weeks at 75/ED. Started anavar at 50mg/ED last week, and starting fina again next week. Winny to follow after the test is over and running winny, fina, and anavar for 8 weeks. Total is about 20 weeks.

...bd

(hope that wasn't too confusing)

Good work browndog!

Top Bottom