Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

low carbs, hard training=no bf%decrease

Stop the cardio. You are using up what little muscle you have in order to stay alive. Building muscle requires you to take in more kcals than you use and will result in lowered bodyfat%. I am 20lbs heavier than when I was a distance runner doing 60 mins cardio per day plus strength training and swimming 3 times a week but I have much lower bodyfat now. I did this by building a lot of muscle and strength.

If you continue as you are you will remain in the 'skinny-fat' department.

Cutting the cardio and upping your kcals/carbs will allow muscle growth and result in your body becoming harder and more defined.

Do what Wilson6 said. If you really want to decrease you PERCENT bf, then you'll need to add muscle. If you merely wish to decrese you total bodyweight, then keep doing what you're doing and and watch you muscle mass go down. In my opinion, you are prolly pretty close to ketosis already. Problem is you're not quite there, but you're not giving your body enough carbs OR protein to supply your muscles with glycogen, so your body will turn to your muscles for glycogen. Sometimes this state can even make your %bf go UP even while the scales are going down :(

Sub 1000 cal diets used to be used for sedentary obese folks, but they didn't even work very well for them, much less for someone who is active and NOT obese!

BTW phem and I are not ganging up on ya, but I am 5'5", 72kg and I look normal. It's clear to me at least one of us has body image probs (yikes I hope it's not me!)

Last edited:
MS said:

BTW phem and I are not ganging up on ya, but I am 5'5", 72kg and I look normal. It's clear to me at least one of us has body image probs (yikes I hope it's not me!)

MS, body image issues??? that makes me laff :lmao:

i'm 5'3'' and 123lbs and 15%ish bf... and i'm VERY small framed (small boned, been told i have "wrist like bird" :confused: ... but i digress)

lots of good advice here... don't be afraid of food and weights, they're not your enemies!

thanx every1..

i agree with everyones advice... i do want to put on muscle to decrease bf. So now you know my diet and exercise..what can i do to improve it? I cant have wheat products, and am hesitant about having to much fruit as carbs in my diet..what could you guys suggest to improve my diet - especially if im now training in the late afternoon?
thanx all once again:)

Hi rez.

I personally eat every 2 -3 hours....
with this ratio of nutrients.

25 gams of protien and about 35 grams of carbs.

I follow these rules whn dieting and it works wonders.

drink plenty of water before each meal.

also if i was not hungry, I would not force myself to eat by the clock. so don't feel trapped by time.

also note that thermogenics are good for waking you up in the morning for a workout, but if you use them through out the day, it may interfere adversly with your appetite......it does with mine.

I actually don't eat enough while on thermogenics.

so eat very 3 hours or so, and youll do fine.

a perfect exmaple of the nutrient ratio that I apply to a meal is a half sannwich exactley.........it is about 23 grams of protien, and 30 grams of carbs, and since vegetables are frequantly in sandwiches your getting fiber too.
in the morning I make about 3 different sanwiches that taste good, and eat about half of one every 3 hours or so, it simple and it works!

also since dieting down is only temporary in most cases, the sandwiches should't get boring till aftr a while...hopefully by then you will have achieved your goals.

goodluck

OMEGA:D

Last edited:
oops I guess we replied at the same time.

sorry about the yeast.....youll just have to eat rice then.

goodluck:angel:

Top Bottom