Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

low carbs, hard training=no bf%decrease

rez, could you post your diet and workouts. Maybe we could offer some more advise. Also, what is your bf%?

okay, but keep in mind, those suffering from anorexia NEVER think they LOOK anorexic...

all i'm saying is, based on your stats and current diet/training, you could possibly be treading on thin ground... yes, you need carbs, YES, you need to weight train... you don't need to do 2 hours of cardio 5-6 days a week.. you need to build some muscle, gain some lean muscle mass... and then concentrate on cutting, if that's a priority to you... right now all your doing is counter productive... the cardio is eating away at the lean muscle mass, which slows the metabolism and encourages fat gain...

soz omega! i only got ure msg after i wrote my post... all advice is helpful : )
phem..the only cardio i do is walking - its not like a spin class everyday..u still think its counter productive?

rez said:
soz omega! i only got ure msg after i wrote my post... all advice is helpful : )
phem..the only cardio i do is walking - its not like a spin class everyday..u still think its counter productive?

depends... i read on the training board you're doing 70%max 5-6 times a week... didn't say for how long, but that sounds like too much to me... especially since you aren't fueling your body that well...

what you're doing is a little extreme given your current stats... this sounds more like a contest-cutting diet/routine... but you need to have an excess of lean muscle mass for your body to sustain this activity without negitively impacting the metabolism too much...

cut back on the cardio, get in the weight room, lift heavy... give your body enough clean food to fuel the activity... put on some weight... then focus on taking the fat off...

but i dont want to 'bulkup' if its summer.

diet looks something like this p=60%150g,c=10%20-25g,f=30%50-70g

m1: protein shake w 1/2 soy 1/2 h20

m2: egg+3egg whites or canned salmon w spinach and cucumber

m3: grilled chicken, lettuce+ cucumber

m4: protein shake/bar

m5: grilled fish +spinach+flax

m6:tuna+flax

rez said:
but i dont want to 'bulkup' if its summer.

it's kind of a catch 22... if your stats are correct, i predict that your body isn't going to let you loose much more fat... its called starvation mode...

you're going to need to put on some weight... you can probably minimize the fat gain through eating clean (but increasing carb and calorie intake)... eat lots of clean veggies, protein and healthy fats... (especially if you enjoy the cardio)....

throw an eca in the mix to help keep off the fat... but you'll need to get some muscle on you... right now your cutting with very little to cut and that's not the way to do it...

sorry that the timing has to be shitty, but give it a try, you just may surprise yourself...

and another thing... going through your post, it seems like your expecting to see changes overnight... you need to get some perspective on this whole thing.. your body isn't going to change a lot or even at all in a week or even a month, you need to give a plan 6-8 weeks to show results and then adjust... a little change is good, but if you change things too quickly too often two things happen 1) you get discouraged when you don't see results and 2) you don't know what is and isn't working for you...

there are never any shortcuts to anywhere worth going... it's taken me nearly 4 years and i'm still working at it... its an ongoing, continual process, no quick answers and no drastic measures taken here...

you're right...i know Ive got to be patient. I will try put on muscle... i think changing the timeing of my workout may help..ie cardio am, weights pm?!
ide luv to get my hands on an eca stack, but ephadrine is not legal here..thus very hard to come by..
if i do weights later in the day im guessing i'll be able to lift more as I would have eating before..more energy etc compaired to doing it first thing on an empty stomach...
as far as diet is concerned..it looks ok?

"but i dont want to 'bulkup' if its summer. "

Ahhhhhhhh.............

Rotate your carb days hi/low and do a search, this has been discussed.

Low carb higher fat diets work for really obese subjects and that's about it.

W6

the best low glycemic carbs are

oatmeal.

apples.

wheat bread.

and water mellon.

I limit my self to these carbs, when cutting.

good luck:)

OMEGA..

Top Bottom