Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is cardio killing my workouts?

wildonsquats

Well i finally decided to do some cardio and so i dusted off my treadmill and did some low intensity incline walking for about an hour last night. It felt great to get the blood pumping and i did some AR and stretching right afterwards.

Early this afternoon i did my squat workout and for the first time in months i did not make more progress than i did the previous workout.

So... im kinda second guessing what i did wrong.

Current split is upperbody, rest, lowerbody rest and repeat based on a modified dc routine.

Should i try a different type of cardio (more upperbody oriented like heavy bag work or swimming) the day/night before a leg workout, and vice versa for an upperbody workout so i dont tire out that muscle group the day/night before?

Maybe do my cardio in the morning instead of at night?

Eat more carbs post cardio at night?

Im kinda confused, i just wanted my heart to get in shape for the upcoming snowboarding season, i didnt want to be all out of breath after the first run.

Any ideas?

I was planning to do cardio on my non weightlifting days, maybe ill do it in the morning instead, but doing AR in the morning might feel a little weird.

if u are with the upperbody/lowerbody split, it may just be time for a change from that...possibly break it down a lil more...shock ur body!

trying something like swimming might not hurt. Whenever I bike extensively, my legs suffer squatting, but I don't really notice any difference when I swim instead of biking.

Top Bottom