Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First Week WestSide W/O

b fold the truth said:
Love the pics...

How did the farmers feel? Hard on your grip? Hard on your hips/back etc...?? What went first?

On the farmers...wrap your wrists lower on your hand. You want them to literally close your fist for you on the farmers...Chalk is a must too...

Try to sit back on your box squats. Remember that your shins should be straight up and down...if you can. It takes time...after a year I still can't do it...

B True

Thanks Bud!

back was the first to go on the 205 farmers.. on the lighter farmer my grip was what ultimately stopped me. As far as feel ... it hard to describe the amount of stabilizing needed to to the exercise! It was great I was real excited to try them .. Next time I'll have to do it outside where i don't need to worry so much about breaking a box or something in my basement! It made turning with then interesting! lol.. wish I had a digital camcorder it was funny!

Sit back more on the squats! OMG.. I'll try!

thanks again!

/CK

Last edited:
b fold the truth said:
Try to sit back on your box squats. Remember that your shins should be straight up and down...if you can. It takes time...after a year I still can't do it...

Exactly what B True said...SIT WAY BACK. Your shins should be straight up and down. Also hard to tell from that view but I am guessing that you need to FORCE YOUR KNEES out more. Some of this is a function of hip strength. A good way to bring hip strength up is Doubling up a band around your knees and sitting on a well below parallel box....then force your knees out against the band. You can do them for reps or static holds for time.

Its hard to visualize from the written word...but the way I like to explain it is this....a power squat is more of a back and forth (only thing that moves is your hips) rather than up and down. When you sit on the box the first thing that you do to rise out of the bottom is to drive your head back into the bar. Then your forces your knees out and flex your GLUTES first...not your quad. You can have a training partner watch to make sure that you are doing that. Hope that helps...

Also get some Chucks ;)

what kind of power rack is that?

and also like other people said, sit back on box squats. also i cant tell becasue you dont have a bottom position of the box squat, but does that put you below parallel?

Is your Box made of Plastic? If it is you should consider going ahead and building yourself a wooden one or you won't be able to sit back enough on the box to release your hips without worrying about somethin breaking... (lol, I think i just re-lived an embarasing memory from my first week of box squats :splat: )

thanks guys.. great responses on the box squat pic! I really appreciate it and will take all of the advice given.

To answer a couple of questions -

1. the pic was taken with my digital camera on a delay pic setting so I tried to time it to when I was on the 'box' but it didn't work out!

2. Ya, the 'box' is actually a plastic foot rest from my yard furniture! I do need to make myself one soon! It was 15" off the floor. I think it was parallel but for sure it wasn't low :)

3. The rack is from Body-Solid the Pro Power Rack.. I purchased it from www.acefit.com they are the factory direct reseller. I've been pretty happy with the rack and have down some big deads and squat failures witn full confidence in the catches! lol

TheProject said:
Nice work, CK!

Two questions:

(1) Why incline bench on speed day?
(2) Gotten your bands and chains yet?

I do some inclines on speed bench day also...love them. I use them for a 2ndary exercise...

B True

b fold the truth said:

I do some inclines on speed bench day also...love them. I use them for a 2ndary exercise...

B True

I don't dislike 'em, B...was just asking because we never do them.

I'll do incline dumbbell presses once a week to work chest, but we've never incorporated them into our PL work.

I do them because I think that they make a good auxillary exercise for my overhead pressing. I do my flat work with a closer grip to overload the triceps (lockout on overhead pressing) so I do my inclines with a normal grip for some chest and delt work...

I just want to be pretty....

I think that CK will go far...

B True

ck - good pics man......going from a bbing groove to a pling groove has REALLY cut my strength.....my speed squat day was form about 14" off the floor and 140 for 12 sets of 2 killed me.....

Top Bottom