Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carbs in Cereal

Rich2279

I've noticed on some cereal box labels there is 'Other Carbohydrates' listed under Carbohydrates. So, for example, it have 30g of Carbs listed, but under that it may also list 15g of Other Carbs. Does this mean that the total carbs per serving are actually 45g (30carbs+15other carbs)?

it does not matter really you don't need cereal trade it for oatmeal, a much better carb.

Says who? What kind of cereal?

Nothing wrong with cereal, nothing at all. It's a key component to my diet plans.

To answer the question of the OP. If the box says:

30g carbs
5g sugar
5g fiber
20g other

This means there are 30g carbs, 5g of which are sugar, 5g of which are fiber, 20g of which are deemed "other"... not fiber, not what they deem "sugar"

Total net carb in this case would be 25g because of the fiber

Nothing wrong with cereal, nothing at all. It's a key component to my diet plans.

30g carbs
5g sugar
5g fiber
20g other

This means there are 30g carbs, 5g of which are sugar, 5g of which are fiber, 20g of which are deemed "other"... not fiber, not what they deem "sugar"

True nothing wrong with cereal, also no much good from it either, Over 40 studies show that eating oatmeal may help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. According to Quaker, all it takes is 3/4 cup of oatmeal each day to help lower cholesterol. The soluble fiber in oats helps remove LDL or "bad" cholesterol, while maintaining the good cholesterol that your body needs. In January 1997, the Food and Drug Administration announced that oatmeal could carry a label claiming it may reduce the risk of heart disease when combined with a low-fat diet.

The soluble fiber in oatmeal absorbs a considerable amount of water which significantly slows down your digestive process. This result is that you'll feel full longer, i.e. oatmeal can help you control your weight.

You probably already have oats in your kitchen. It's estimated that eighty percent of U.S. households currently have oats in their cupboards.

New research suggests that eating oatmeal may reduce the risk for type 2 diabetes. In fact, the American Diabetes Association already recommends that people with diabetes eat grains like oats. The soluble fiber in these foods help to control blood glucose levels.

With the exception of certain flavored varieties, the oats found in your grocery store are 100% natural. If you look at the ingredients on a canister of rolled oats, you will usually see only one ingredient... rolled oats.

According to recent studies, a diet that includes oatmeal may help reduce high blood pressure. The reduction is linked to the increase in soluble fiber provided by oatmeal. Oats contain more soluble fiber than whole wheat, rice or corn.

Oatmeal contains a wide array of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and is a good source of protein, complex carbohydrates and iron.

The fiber and other nutrients found in oatmeal may actually reduce the risk for certain cancers.

Eating a bowl of some breakfast cereals is equivalent to consuming a plate of chocolate-chip cookies, according to research questioning the "health-food" label that cereals are given.

Eating a bowl of some breakfast cereals is equivalent to consuming a plate of chocolate-chip cookies, according to research questioning the "health-food" label that cereals are given.

A study published yesterday found that certain brands of cereal were so rich in saturated fats and sugar and so low in dietary fibre that they should be treated like cakes or biscuits.

Nutritionists from the Food Commission, a lobby group to promote healthy eating, carried out the study after concerns that consumers were eating some cereals in the belief that they must be good for their health when in fact their ingredients might actually contribute to heart disease, cancer and obesity.

They found that Quaker's Harvest Crunch with red berries contained the highest levels of saturated fat, with 6g in a 50g bowl. It also contains about 13g of sugar, 9g of fat and only 2g of fibre.

Sainsbury's brand of chocolate-chip cookies had the same amount of saturated fat and fibre, slightly more fat but less sugar than Harvest Crunch.

The Food Commission said that 10 cereals included in the study were so rich in fats and sugar that they should really be sold alongside cakes.

Tesco Choc and Nut Crisp was one of a number containing just 2g of fibre per bowl, 2g less than a slice of Marks & Spencer carrot cake.

I always liked oats, but took a brief turn into all-bran for a while, unti i read the box and realized it has high-fructose corn syrup in the damn stuff, like almost every other boxed ceral out there.

30g carbs
5g sugar
5g fiber
20g other

Ok, that is what I had thought, but wasn't sure.

True nothing wrong with cereal, also no much good from it either, Over 40 studies show that eating oatmeal may help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. According to Quaker, all it takes is 3/4 cup of oatmeal each day to help lower cholesterol. The soluble fiber in oats helps remove LDL or "bad" cholesterol, while maintaining the good cholesterol that your body needs. In January 1997, the Food and Drug Administration announced that oatmeal could carry a label claiming it may reduce the risk of heart disease when combined with a low-fat diet.

The soluble fiber in oatmeal absorbs a considerable amount of water which significantly slows down your digestive process. This result is that you'll feel full longer, i.e. oatmeal can help you control your weight.

You probably already have oats in your kitchen. It's estimated that eighty percent of U.S. households currently have oats in their cupboards.

New research suggests that eating oatmeal may reduce the risk for type 2 diabetes. In fact, the American Diabetes Association already recommends that people with diabetes eat grains like oats. The soluble fiber in these foods help to control blood glucose levels.

With the exception of certain flavored varieties, the oats found in your grocery store are 100% natural. If you look at the ingredients on a canister of rolled oats, you will usually see only one ingredient... rolled oats.

According to recent studies, a diet that includes oatmeal may help reduce high blood pressure. The reduction is linked to the increase in soluble fiber provided by oatmeal. Oats contain more soluble fiber than whole wheat, rice or corn.

Oatmeal contains a wide array of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and is a good source of protein, complex carbohydrates and iron.

The fiber and other nutrients found in oatmeal may actually reduce the risk for certain cancers.

Some cereals have a decent amount of Protein in them. Go-Lean has 13g in 1cup and Special K w/ Protein has 10g in 3/4cup. I'm not all for cereal or oatmeal. I switch them up every once in a while.

Some cereals have a decent amount of Protein in them. Go-Lean has 13g in 1cup and Special K w/ Protein has 10g in 3/4cup. I'm not all for cereal or oatmeal. I switch them up every once in a while.

count cereal for carbs. that protein doesnt count. i eat lucky charms ed with breakfast

Top Bottom