Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

splenda and acne

ava1111

Hi everyone,

I am an avid reader of the list and this is my first post. As you ladies have alot of information, can anyone tell me if the source of my sudden acne could be from the high quantities of splenda I seem to digest. I am on a diet so i have restricted calories. Instead I fill up on large quantities of salad (in addition to my protein), sometimes eating more than a whole large bag cause I am bored and trying to fill that old void of eating. But because I have a sweet tooth, I put splenda on my salad instead of dressing. I know its crazy but it fills that need.

any input would be appreciated.

thanks
ava

Does that even taste good?

ava1111 said:
Hi everyone,

I am an avid reader of the list and this is my first post. As you ladies have alot of information, can anyone tell me if the source of my sudden acne could be from the high quantities of splenda I seem to digest. I am on a diet so i have restricted calories. Instead I fill up on large quantities of salad (in addition to my protein), sometimes eating more than a whole large bag cause I am bored and trying to fill that old void of eating. But because I have a sweet tooth, I put splenda on my salad instead of dressing. I know its crazy but it fills that need.

any input would be appreciated.

thanks
ava

I don't think anyone can tell you for sure that your acne is related to splenda consumption. The best way to find out is to stop your splenda intake for a week or two and see if your skin approves. I didn't realize it for a long time but splenda was bloating me up pretty badly. I made the switch to Stevia and I'm looking significantly leaner, esp in the mid-section. I know some people have absolutely no reaction to Splenda but it also wrecks total havoc on other people's systems...so you have to figure it out for yourself. Good luck!

I think Roony is right. It's probably very much an individual thing. I just don't trust the stuff. I know for me, when I cut it out pre-comp I really started to notice major changes. It was definitley making me retain water. And after being without it for almost a month, my body didn't seem to like it when I added it back in. I got terrible headaches and it just tasted like crap to me. I don't use any sweetener now, unless it's added in something. I guess I just got used to it.

It's probably more likely that hormones or bacteria is causing the acne.

thanks...I think I have developed a slight addiction to the splenda. I will slowly break myself off it. By the way, I have done some research on Stevia and heard that for women who plan on having babies some day, stevia may interfere with fertility. I guess in some way they are all not so good, but its a matter of choosing the least evil.

thanks again

I'm a splenda user.. And I notice that when I use a ton of it, I get headaches.
I think the ladies are right, test yourself and see what happens when you go off of it, so even switch to a different type of sweetener.
I've heard of other sweeteners like stevia, and erythritol.
I've tried stevia a long time ago and didn't like it too much.
I think I'll give it another shot though.. I'm sure the more natural the better.

Top Bottom