Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My leg routine. Critique please.

eat big

This is what I do now:

Squats 2x12, 2x10
SLDL 3x12
Leg Presses 5x12
Walking Lunges 4 sets of 20 reps
Leg Extensions 4x12
Leg Curls 3x12
Abduction/Adduction 3x12
Hyperextensions 3x15
Calves

I will change the rep range of the squats back to 5x5 as I haven't done that in a while. I require a lot of volume to grow. Would you change the order of the exercises I'm doing? Should I go lower on reps for exercises other than squats?

My legs don't feel tired as much when I do squats as my posterior chain does. As you can see I do SLDL, and hyperextensions. I also do deads on back day with hyperextensions as well.

Should I try box squats?

i do a lot of abs and front squats. you might wanna try them first in your routine. a completely different feeling afterwards when you try back squats.

Kabeetz said:
Your range of motion also plays into this big time.. you going ATF?

I go all the way down. As far as I can go, and when I get spots from people they usually comment that I'm going really low.

Does you leave a ball print on the floor? TO me anything less than ass to calfs is a halfer at best....

Seems like to much 'stuff' and not enough work. Why not squat heavier so you don't have any gas in the tank.

Personally if I push my back squat doing SLDL is not an option - especially if I am going to DL that week - CNS overload is the load is proper...

al420 said:
Does you leave a ball print on the floor? TO me anything less than ass to calfs is a halfer at best....

Seems like to much 'stuff' and not enough work. Why not squat heavier so you don't have any gas in the tank.

Personally if I push my back squat doing SLDL is not an option - especially if I am going to DL that week - CNS overload is the load is proper...

So you think more sets for squats at a heavier weight?

With that much volume are you sure your giving each set all that you can? It's more about intensity than just doing set after set and not putting in any effort.My leg routine normally consists of 12-15 sets depending on which routine I'm using and my legs kill me for days after a workout.

eat big said:
So you think more sets for squats at a heavier weight?

I would think so. Generally once i'm done squatting and pulling, I can't use my legs for awhile :) Try dropping your reps down a little. Maybe 4x8 or 5x6.

Top Bottom